Vrabel End of Year Presser

Jonboy

1 hour ago, CrossDogBl1tz said:

Sorry but this has absolutely nothing to do with the coaches or any other player. This is all on Tannehill. He craps the bed in big games. We have had multiple Coordinators coaching Tannehill with the same results. Dude had had ample opportunity and is probably in the Top 5 best positions as a Quarterback in the NFL to actually be successful with coaching and talent (When healthy). He had all his weapons Saturday and still crapped the bed. It's Tannehill that's the problem. Not even Jimmy Garappolo choked like Tannehill. You literally take away 2 of those interceptions and we win the game.

The 49ers didn't win because of Jimmy G though. Their STs and Deebo/Kittle took them to the NFC championship game. Jimmy G did a great job making the simple throws and handing the ball off. Shanahan knows what he has with Jimmy G and puts him in the best position to get the ball in the hands of the playmakers. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like Landry will definitely be a priority considering Vrabel mentioned him by name among the team leaders. 

Yikes. I imagine it wasn't his intention but this wording is NOT standard praise and I'm sure will be used as fodder against Tannehill.   1. Starts with "We have to be great around him."

What they need to do is a deep dive on the interceptions in terms of bad throw, bad decision, bad play design.......It seemed like more than half of the picks were on tipped balls and at least 2 or 3

tannehill definitely didn’t take any responsibility he said “we” need to

nor make

mistakes and we need to play better. Very poorly worded ans when you’re the QB you should take full responsibility your teammates will definitely respect and have your back more. i think you lose a lot of respect not being able to admit fault. 

25 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I don’t feel like he took the amount of blame he should have. With how badly he played it should have been an “I” versus a “We” conversation 

Yeah, he never made a mention of "I" needed to have played better.   Even a passing reference would have been okay.  Kind of disappointing.  

16 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Thats really disappointing but its also possible that is an org thing.

I don't think they asked him that directly, but none of his responses eluded to "I made mistakes" or "I should've played better".  He did look like he knew he didn't play well and the only reference to "I" that I remember was him saying "I'll be thinking about this for a long time", or something to that effect.   

I was wondering if this might be a Vrabel thing regarding the team and blame.  However, I don't know what would be wrong with a player saying they themselves should have played better.   

6 hours ago, Righteous said:

Sure...don't let the fact that in the 6 games we lost  this year, Tannell threw 5 TD's and 11 Ints.  He shoulders no blame at all.

Exactly, tannihil had AJ brown and Julio Jones back,and we got plenty of other good recievers on this team, fans will still find excuses to why tannihil is throwing all those interceptions,smh

22 minutes ago, Mays.clinton said:

Exactly, tannihil had AJ brown and Julio Jones back,and we got plenty of other good recievers on this team, fans will still find excuses to why tannihil is throwing all those interceptions,smh

Actually they have nothing else at WR or TE  outside of Brown and Jones.

Re: Lewan - 

Normally he’s a plus run blocker and average in pass pro. 

Vrabel basically said in his presser that his strength this year was pass blocking and he has a lot of things to work on. That stuck out as odd to me, because the Titans prioritize run blocking for one, and that was Lewan’s biggest asset previously. 

Lewan said the other day “This definitely was not my best season blah blah blah” 

He definitely had a down year, which for him is about average. But I think his best days are behind him, and Robinson just may take the old New England approach on this. 

Not saying it’s likely, but we should be watching for this as a possibility. Every single move has to be very strategic with our situation and limited resources. 

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

Re: Lewan - 

Normally he’s a plus run blocker and average in pass pro. 

Vrabel basically said in his presser that his strength this year was pass blocking and he has a lot of things to work on. That stuck out as odd to me, because the Titans prioritize run blocking for one, and that was Lewan’s biggest asset previously. 

Lewan said the other day “This definitely was not my best season blah blah blah” 

He definitely had a down year, which for him is about average. But I think his best days are behind him, and Robinson just may take the old New England approach on this. 

Not saying it’s likely, but we should be watching for this as a possibility. Every single move has to be very strategic with our situation and limited resources. 

Just me but I think there is more chance Julio Jones is gone than Lewan is.

Will also note that Lewan is on notice now he needs a huge offseason rebuilding his body he looked heavier and less athletic coming off the ACL affected offseason last year, some point to his salary I don't think that is the issue here its his durability and standard of play, if he gets into proper condition again he is on a very reasonable contract compared to the top of the LT market.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Reading way too much into some of these comments. Lewan played really well Saturday, btw. The only significant thing he said was refusing to identify Radnuz as a tackle. I'm sure Vrabel was frustrated more with Lewan's availability than his play, which shouldn't be as big a factor 2 years off the ACL.

13 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Actually they have nothing else at WR or TE  outside of Brown and Jones.

Still no excuses on the way he played Saturday, burrow o-line didn't do crap all game for him but he still manage not to turn the ball over,while tannihil had a clean pocket and threw 3 interceptions, no excuses

• Jonboy unpinned this topic