Where the Titans sit heading into the offseason

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would cut Cunningham and resign Brown. I like pass coverage LB more than run stopper. I agree that Brown regressed this year, but under new ILB coach, he could be good again

I would argue there was more risk in terms of wasting draft resources in drafting Caleb Farley in the 1st round than taking a flier on Trey Smith on day 3 of the draft, if a 5th-6th round pick busts d

Never bothered to dig into film and am no OL expert besides, but I strongly suspect Ben Jones does a million little things to make things work and is easy to underrate.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Justafan said:

They would have to feel REALLY good about Radunz to cut Lewan and risk the LT spot being another whole that can't be filled.  

You can say the exact same thing about cutting Jenkins and relying on Farley to start.  In fact, that might carry even more risk.

Just now, ctm said:

You can say the exact same thing about cutting Jenkins and relying on Farley to start.  In fact, that might carry even more risk.

Come on  thats nowhere near the same. Jenkins is not anywhere close to the player Lewan is. If you miss on Farley replacing Jenkins you can mitigate that. If you miss on getting rid of Lewan who could screw the season.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Come on  thats nowhere near the same. Jenkins is not anywhere close to the player Lewan is. If you miss on Farley replacing Jenkins you can mitigate that. If you miss on getting rid of Lewan who could screw the season.

Bigger injury risk with Farley than Radunz.  Think about a CB group of Fulton and not much else except some scrubs.

The best cap related move would be to let Landry walk and draft an Edge in Rd 1. We'd save $15m and get a 3rd round comp pick.

Any other draft move is $5-$10m more expensive.

Alternative RD1 draft options:

1) Cut Saffold and draft LG instead of signing one in FA: saves $8m

2) Draft TE1 instead of signing one: saves ~$6m

3) Draft WR3 instead of signing one: saves $8m

4) Draft CB to replace Jenkins instead of signing one: saves ~$8m

5) Draft C instead of re-signing Ben Jones: saves ~$4m

6) Draft LT1 and cut Lewan: saves $10m

Not saying that's the right call or not. Those are just the facts. We could plug a lot of holes with the cap savings from Landry.

Edited by BTiger3733

How did Quessenberry do in pass blocking at the RT spot and if we change offense back to a Shannahan /Mcvay system will he fit at RT or left guard, his prior spot?.. I'm getting the feeling Jones will be signed on a 2 year deal. Saffold is done..Trade Lewan for a 3rd and a young player

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Yep he absolutely sucks at drafting OL 

- Conklin a two time all pro

- Davis a late 3rd round pick that received all pro votes last season

I'm on board with him not drafting OL after Isaiah and Radunz. If Radunz eventually pans out, I'll rescind my ban. Until then, he'll just have to understand and abide.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic