Frustration with Tannehill is understandable but his contract means he is the starting QB in 2022

AussieTitanFan08

11 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Bingo. People will say how shit Henry was and he did seem to wear down later in the game but that pick on the screen came immediately after the biggest run of the day by Foreman. The unfortunate truth is right how he's a guy that's great in the regular season and a liability when it matters most in the past season.

The playoffs simply expose your weaknesses as teams and players are more focused in the postseason.

We saw our weaknesses exposed today. I'll let you figure out where those weaknesses lie. 

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What probably hurts the most is that we didn’t even need him to be some elite QB yesterday. Literally all he had to do is protect the ball and we win. Yes, I put some of the loss on Vrabel and Downing

I’m in the camp that we can’t win with Tannehill so we’re basically fucked but we are stuck with him so you have to play to his strengths better. He’s a West Coast QB, use his mobility more, go back t

I literally want to smash something every time it’s 3rd and 1 and we line up in shotgun. 

Posted Images

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This isn't the draft class to take a chance on a QB of the future.

The only realistic course of action regarding the offense this offseason is

- Getting young/cheaper on the OL (cutting Saffold/Lamm)

- Completely blowing up the TE room (use both FA and draft to rebuild it)

- There is a decision to be made regarding Julio is his health/production worthy of his salary, regardless of that decision more talent needs to be added to the WR room we saw today apart from AJ Brown/Julio there were zero other legitimate passing options for Tannehill.

Yay? ?

7 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

The Chiefs have already given the blueprint. It’s fine for him to start but the succession plan has to begin in earnest this off-season. If we love one of these top 3 QBs, we need to make a move. Tannehill can still start until the young guy is ready. Obviously you hope he gets over the hump in the playoffs, but if he doesn’t, at least you have the young guy waiting in the wings. 

Most of the QBs coming out this year suck. 

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This isn't the draft class to take a chance on a QB of the future.

The only realistic course of action regarding the offense this offseason 

- Getting young/cheaper on the OL (cutting Saffold/Lamm)

- Completely blowing up the TE room (use both FA and draft to rebuild it)

- There is a decision to be made regarding Julio is his health/production worthy of his salary, regardless of that decision more talent needs to be added to the WR room we saw today apart from AJ Brown/Julio there were zero other legitimate passing options for Tannehill.

I Remember another year where there was no elite QB in the draft

2017 when the Chiefs picked Mahomes in the middle of the first round

4 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I Remember another year where there was no elite QB in the draft

2017 when the Chiefs picked Mahomes in the middle of the first round

There were multiple teams trying to trade up for Mahomes that year (Chiefs and Saints) some teams knew how good Mahomes/Watson were going to be.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Not sure the best thread so I'll just put it here ... signing off with this thought:

When you end up as the #1 team in the AFC and, despite significant adversity, beat most of the teams that are still competing ... reloading may be your best choice. It's easy to want change after a bad game. How the Titans reassess here is key.

It might be the most consequential self-assessment off-season they've ever had. When you're already good, trying to take things to the next level is a path full of potential missteps.

This was a good team that had a really good year ... and a bad day. Be careful what you ask for.

1 minute ago, Jamalisms said:

Not sure the best thread so I'll just put it here ... signing off with this thought:

When you end up as the #1 team in the AFC and, despite significant adversity, beat most of the teams that are still competing ... reloading may be your best choice. It's easy to want change after a bad game. How the Titans reassess here is key.

It might be the most consequential self-assessment off-season they've ever had. When you're already good, trying to take things to the next level is a path full of potential missteps.

This was a good team that had a really good year ... and a bad day. Be careful what you ask for.

True. And good point. Firing Downing and getting a true TE are the only “changes” needed IMO. Upgrades in some other spots are cool, but those are my two main changes desired and neither is earth shattering. 

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

There were multiple teams trying to trade up for Mahomes that year (Chiefs and Saints) some teams knew how good Mahomes/Watson were going to be.

LMAO. If anyone knew how good Mahomes was going to be he would’ve went first overall without a question

Thw prevailing feeling was it was a class without any elite prospects. This is a fact. That’s the consensus at the time, look it up

Teams try to trade up for QBs every year because they’re desperate 

Just now, IrishTitansFan said:

LMAO. If anyone knew how good Mahomes was going to be he would’ve went first overall without a question

Thw prevailing feeling was it was a class without any elite prospects. This is a fact. That’s the consensus at the time, look it up

Teams try to trade up for QBs every year because they’re desperate 

The Chiefs were trying to trade up higher than 10 where they got Mahomes according to Peter King they had agreed the parameters of a deal with the Titans at pick #5 if JRob decided to trade back ultimately he stuck and took Corey Davis.

Have to remember its damn hard for teams to trade from outside the top 15 picks into the top 5 teams usually aren't willing to drop back that far.

36 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Bingo. People will say how shit Henry was and he did seem to wear down later in the game but that pick on the screen came immediately after the biggest run of the day by Foreman. The unfortunate truth is right how he's a guy that's great in the regular season and a liability when it matters most in the past season.

The first throw of the day was pretty bad too.  I give him a pass on the INT to NWI.  Throwing to that guy with the game on the line is um asking for trouble.

54 minutes ago, 2ToneTerror said:

Aussie, 

It doesn’t fucking matter.

Don’t you see that?

If you don’t have a playoff caliber quarterback it doesn’t matter what other changes you make, you just can’t win the games that matter.

It doesn’t matter what else you do.

We are stuck with Tannehill next year and that’s what’s so painful about next season.

I will not let myself get this invested in this team until we can try with another quarterback.

Can’t wait for 2023!!

I’ve been saying this for years. We may squeeze one in but we’re most likely never winning a title without a top 10 qb

Outside of a total of about half a dozen throws in three years worth of playoffs, Tannehill has shown he completely wilts when it matters most.  Regular season?  Sure.  Post season?   He’s a liability.  Even marginal play today gets us a W.  He shit the bed.  And it’s unlikely we’re in a situation again with such an easy path to the Super Bowl.  Hoping he transforms from a pumpkin in future seasons with much more realistically tougher matchups and a potentially worse team around him just seems like a lot of wishful thinking.  Don’t know the answer, but the problem fucking sucks and I don’t see how the team (from the coaches to the players) around him ever truly trust him to be the guy after today.  

6 minutes ago, Thrill said:

@AussieTitanFan08 Are you saying the trade is extremely likely because of the $57.4 Million dead cap hit from his contract? Would a trade of picks + Tannehill for another QB not erase most of that dead hit?

Both from a dead cap hit to the Titans but more importantly after watching him throw so many back breaking INT this season what team is going to be desperate enough to take on that restructured contract with the $29 million in guaranteed money in 2022.