That one is on Tannehill

titansfan

I wouldn't really put those pics on him. 1 was a very good play by the safety (and risky) and the other 2 were tipped balls. 

Some bad bounces. Tannehill is who he is. Very good QB but not elite.

Defense played amazing all game.

Sidenote: Titans shouldn't have gone for 2. Didn't need the points. Take the FG and take the lead.

Edited by reo

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interestingly (to me), I've grown more frustrated with Tannehill as more time has passed since the game. It's usually the opposite.   I honestly don't think there's any way that he regains m

this was a high powered offense. 9 sacks and 19 points including 4 field goals. can't ask for more in a playoff game. The game plan allowed the yards but it was bend but don't break played to perfecti

The pass blocking by the line was not an issue last night.  Tannehill had enough time to not make boneheaded throws into coverage.

Just now, OzTitan said:

I'm not disagreeing, not sure why you're framing it like that. A clean game and they win, even with Henry being a burden.

I'm saying no to your insertion that "this is why he is the most important". This game literally does not show that.

Just now, titansfan said:

I'm saying no to your insertion that "this is why he is the most important". This game literally does not show that.

He's the most important to be playing well because he's the QB, which is often just shortened to "most important" for obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, reo said:

I wouldn't really put those pics on him. 1 was a very good play by the safety (and risky) and the other 2 were tipped balls. 

Some bad bounces. Tannehill is who he is. Very good QB but not elite.

Defense played amazing all game.

Sidenote: Titans shouldn't have gone for 2. Didn't need the points. Take the FG and take the lead.

Eh, I don't know if they did really. They feasted on bad OL play when it occurred but otherwise, coverage was soft. Run D was okay but gave up the TD.

Just now, OzTitan said:

He's the most important to be playing well because he's the QB, which is often just shortened to "most important" for obvious reasons.

I understand the value of the QB position, it doesn't need to be stated if it's obvious.. but coming after this game and saying this is why he's important is silly. We actually did not really need him to do much today beyond not turning the ball over 

I put the 3rd and 4th down play calls on the stalled drive equal to the mistakes Tannenhill made.... I can't trust he was put in any kind of favorable play positions with that atrocious play calling... It was obvious they were trying to be too cute on those two plays

7 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Of course, if RT plays a clean game they likely win. Hence why it has always been true he is the most important piece on offense. But there was a lot of suck out there today.

Really not much if the ball was just in the right spot. .... which on most of the drops it wasn't... or was like really fuckin late. 

Just now, OzTitan said:

Eh, I don't know if they did really. They feasted on bad OL play when it occurred but otherwise, coverage was soft. Run D was okay but gave up the TD.

Defense was awesome all game. They gave up 1 play on a missed tackle and kept Chase in check the entire game. You can't ask for much more. Burrow is going to complete some passes. In the end the offense needs to score and they didn't.

Just now, titansfan said:

I understand the value of the QB position, it doesn't need to be stated if it's obvious.. but coming after this game and saying this is why he's important is silly. We actually did not really need him to do much today beyond not turning the ball over 

Still needed the 3rd down throws and big plays since Henry was a non factor, falling over hand tackles around the LOS. Without the big passes the Titans were not in it at all. I wouldn't classify that as "not much".

Just now, OzTitan said:

Still needed the 3rd down throws and big plays since Henry was a non factor, falling over hand tackles around the LOS. Without the big passes the Titans were not in it at all. I wouldn't classify that as "not much".

This is how much Tannehill cost us in a game we didn't need him to do much--We were awful on 3rd down, and we quite easily win that game regardless if Tannehill doesn't make losing plays.

Just now, prine06 said:

this was a high powered offense. 9 sacks and 19 points including 4 field goals. can't ask for more in a playoff game. The game plan allowed the yards but it was bend but don't break played to perfection other than the offense putting them in horrible spots with turnovers.

Yeah fair, the D definitely played well overall.

3 minutes ago, titansfan said:

Again this has been the story all year.  I love the guy but he lost a few games for us this year turning the ball over