Fire Todd Downing

tgo

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The shotgun on 3and inches was the worst   How many times have they by passed a QB sneak and it blow up on them?

You just can't get into shot gun on third and six inches. You just can't. You're basically turning it into a 3rd and 5. Any penetration at all and you're guaranteed to lose yards. Inexcusable.

It doesn't strike me as a Vrabel move. But I think it's a mistake to go into next season with this guy. Slow starts were a constant, no feel for the flow of the game and the QB took a major step backw

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tgo said:

His excuse is the injuries, and that may save him - along with Vrabel's 2 year policy. 

I hope Vrabel's 2 year policy doesn't really apply in this case.  Downing wasn't an outside new hire.  He was already on staff and just promoted.

Just now, tgo said:

Sigh, 

Well alright. If Vrabel believes in him, then all I can do is root for him to succeed and improve. 

I hope that a lot of the offensive woes can be chalked up to injuries/missed time/etc. 

Bad OL play too

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Now, now, now...hold on a minute!!!

I still wonder how much control Robinson has over the coaching staff these days, officially - since he got the EVP title after the Mularkey situation. 

I know, traditionally, HC's have the final say on staff contractually - but Robinson does have an inordinate amount of control in our org. 

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Watching the presser I didn't get the impression Downing was going to lose his job, Vrabel used words to the effect of looking forward to working with him next season.

Yeah, I think the staff changes will be elsewhere. 

TE coach to make room for Kelly?

QB coach bc of Tannehill's regression? 

WR coach because Vrabel and Moore had hinted that he was in charge of "load management" and all that, which didn't seem to go well.

• tgo changed the title to Fire Todd Downing (Or Not?!)
53 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, I think the staff changes will be elsewhere. 

TE coach to make room for Kelly?

QB coach bc of Tannehill's regression? 

WR coach because Vrabel and Moore had hinted that he was in charge of "load management" and all that, which didn't seem to go well.

Yep goal should be getting Kelly and Pep Hamilton on staff. Improve the offensive coaching and development. If Downing stumbles out the games, promote Kelly.

Echoing @Jamalisms, they need to fire Auckerman as ST Coordinator. The group was bad this weekend, been awful all year, and has been bad for multiple seasons.

• tgo changed the title to Fire Todd Downing