titanruss

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Tannehill 2-7. Scrubs 8. Mahomes   /logs out as @JoelinBellevue

The only way to do this is to put them in tiers:   Tier 1 - Brady (He has all the rings)   Tier 2 - Rodgers, Mahomes (They have done it)   Tier 3 - Allen, Tannehill, Burr

1.  Mahomes 2.  Rodgers-  He is below Mahomes because he has bowed out too early in too many playoff games.  He has only been to one Super Bowl, but has been to the playoffs 11 times.  He is 1-5

19 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Outside of Jimmy G I think they are all Tier 1/2 QBs. I really think Rodgers being #1 and Jimmy G being #8 are the only locks. The rest you can make an argument for in really any order. Scheme and surrounding talent are going to determine the list more than anything. 

I'll go...

1.) Rodgers 

2.) Brady

3.) Mahomes

4.) Allen

5.) Burrow

6.) Tannehill

7.) Stafford 

8.) Jimmy G

I think this is the correct ordering. I used to think Stafford was ahead and in the past he was but I think he really didnt do as well as I thought he would this season with all the good surrounding him.

There is only one guy on the list that isn't a top 12 NFL QB. For the most part, this is the NFL elite.

1. Brady ... the greatest of all time. More playoff games than all but 3 NFL franchises. I'd put him first at 52. Tom Brady is the NFL.

2. Rodgers ... he does it with one great WR and a basket of socks behind him in the worst weather.  No longer the running threat he once was, but still able to beat you with his feet if just to find space in the pocket that others can't.

3. Mahomes ... wasn't the same guy we saw in hist first two seasons. Hill may be slowing. Pringle and Hardeman are a bit meh. And of course everyone is the lead back in KC. In short, I still think he is the best of the young guns ... because his movement skills are lethal and he knows how to use that talented tight end like no other.

4. Allen ... just a bigger, stronger Patrick Maholmes with similar weapons around him. I like Patrick more because I think Allen can become turnover prone under pressure. But then, so can every other NFL QB.

5. Burrow ... is it Joe or is it 3 dangerous wide outs and a pretty darn good TE ... along with the 2nd or 3rd best RB in the playoffs? Honestly 3,4,5 are just as easily 5,4,3. Do I want Burrow over Tannehill in the 4th quarter? No I don't. But do I want Burrow over RT throughout the course of the game. I admit it. I do.

6. Stafford ... put him anywhere other than Detroit and we may have been speaking of him in the same sentence with Rodgers. Arm talent is amazing. Mentally and physically tough. But he is turnover prone. And while he can take you down the field in the last 2 minutes as well as anyone - he can also throw the INT in the end zone  as well as anyone.

7. Tannehill ... I like RT.  I love him in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. And in truth that is the measuring stick for me.  That is what separated Peyton Manning and Brady and Rodgers from the pack for the past 2 decades.  I have no issue with RT as the Titans QB even at the crazy cap costs for the next few seasons. I think his resume reads more in the Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins area than in the Brady, Rodgers area. Which doesn't make him a bad or even average QB. Makes him very good. Just not great. Will we lose because of our QB in the playoffs? I don't think so. But then again, I don't think we win because of him either.

8. Garappolo ... the placeholder in SF who wouldn't be replaced. Give him more credit than he gets. If it weren't for the braindead plays, he would be legit in the mode of Tannehill.  But the unforced mistakes and the throws that sail make him the least reliable guy on the list.

We often talk about - who else other than Tannehill.  The first five on this list without a doubt. Justin Herbert and Russell Wilson for me are both better options. And if Deshaun Watson returns from the dead, I would put him above RT.  Lamar Jackson ... not for me. Matt Ryan .., no longer. Kirk Cousins. Nope. To me RT is a top 12 NFL starting QB - who absolutely is playoff caliber worthy.  George Blanda was that. Dan Pastorini was that.  Lynn Dickey was that  (when playing in Green Bay). Warren Moon was that. And Steve McNair was that.  That's the list over 60 years of club history.   Ranking 'em:

1. Steve McNair ... our only Super Bowl QB.

2. Warren Moon ... the best passer in club history.

3a. Dan Pastorini ... one tough SOB.

3b. Ryan Tannehill ... if he wins a Super Bowl in TN he instantly moves ahead of always knocking' on the door #7 ... and yes, Mike Renfro was still in bounds.

4. George Blanda ... another tough SOB. He was throwing for thousands of yards when few others did. With a cigarette in his mouth and a kicking shoe on his right foot.

5. Lynn Dickey ... after suffering the worst injury I ever witnessed in person, had a nice career in Lambeau Field.

6. Vince Young ... could have been the original Lamar Jackson. With far better arm talent. But wasn't.

4 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Tannehill is definitely closer to the bottom of the list than the top until proven otherwise. 

Mahomes

Rodgers

Brady

Allen

Burrow

Tannehill

Stafford

Garappolo

Using that logic how is Allen that high?

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Because he’s a high volume throwing QB who was in the AFCCG last year. 

Fair enough, just curious because you seemed to emphasize results and so far I see more potential than results in the playoffs from him.

3 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

Fair enough, just curious because you seemed to emphasize results and so far I see more potential than results in the playoffs from him.

I don’t really emphasize any one metric be it stats or results. I could easily change Tannehill with either Burrow or Allen and make and argument for any of them. They’re all top 7 QBs who fall under the top 3.

Out of the 8 QBs left only one isn’t top 10. Add Herbert and Wilson and there’s your top 9. 

Tannehill has been a big factor in one of our two playoff wins with the 19 Baltimore game. His stats didn’t show it, but his throws to Jonnu and especially the one to Reynolds basically clinched the game. Now he’s 2-2. 

He has the chance to run the gauntlet and propel himself out of the top ten conversation facing Burrow, Mahomes/Allen and then likely Rodgers/Brady. I’ve said he was 5-7. If he wins a championship against that lineup he is elite. 

2 hours ago, code said:

There is only one guy on the list that isn't a top 12 NFL QB. For the most part, this is the NFL elite.

1. Brady ... the greatest of all time. More playoff games than all but 3 NFL franchises. I'd put him first at 52. Tom Brady is the NFL.

2. Rodgers ... he does it with one great WR and a basket of socks behind him in the worst weather.  No longer the running threat he once was, but still able to beat you with his feet if just to find space in the pocket that others can't.

3. Mahomes ... wasn't the same guy we saw in hist first two seasons. Hill may be slowing. Pringle and Hardeman are a bit meh. And of course everyone is the lead back in KC. In short, I still think he is the best of the young guns ... because his movement skills are lethal and he knows how to use that talented tight end like no other.

4. Allen ... just a bigger, stronger Patrick Maholmes with similar weapons around him. I like Patrick more because I think Allen can become turnover prone under pressure. But then, so can every other NFL QB.

5. Burrow ... is it Joe or is it 3 dangerous wide outs and a pretty darn good TE ... along with the 2nd or 3rd best RB in the playoffs? Honestly 3,4,5 are just as easily 5,4,3. Do I want Burrow over Tannehill in the 4th quarter? No I don't. But do I want Burrow over RT throughout the course of the game. I admit it. I do.

6. Stafford ... put him anywhere other than Detroit and we may have been speaking of him in the same sentence with Rodgers. Arm talent is amazing. Mentally and physically tough. But he is turnover prone. And while he can take you down the field in the last 2 minutes as well as anyone - he can also throw the INT in the end zone  as well as anyone.

7. Tannehill ... I like RT.  I love him in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. And in truth that is the measuring stick for me.  That is what separated Peyton Manning and Brady and Rodgers from the pack for the past 2 decades.  I have no issue with RT as the Titans QB even at the crazy cap costs for the next few seasons. I think his resume reads more in the Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins area than in the Brady, Rodgers area. Which doesn't make him a bad or even average QB. Makes him very good. Just not great. Will we lose because of our QB in the playoffs? I don't think so. But then again, I don't think we win because of him either.

8. Garappolo ... the placeholder in SF who wouldn't be replaced. Give him more credit than he gets. If it weren't for the braindead plays, he would be legit in the mode of Tannehill.  But the unforced mistakes and the throws that sail make him the least reliable guy on the list.

We often talk about - who else other than Tannehill.  The first five on this list without a doubt. Justin Herbert and Russell Wilson for me are both better options. And if Deshaun Watson returns from the dead, I would put him above RT.  Lamar Jackson ... not for me. Matt Ryan .., no longer. Kirk Cousins. Nope. To me RT is a top 12 NFL starting QB - who absolutely is playoff caliber worthy.  George Blanda was that. Dan Pastorini was that.  Lynn Dickey was that  (when playing in Green Bay). Warren Moon was that. And Steve McNair was that.  That's the list over 60 years of club history.   Ranking 'em:

1. Steve McNair ... our only Super Bowl QB.

2. Warren Moon ... the best passer in club history.

3a. Dan Pastorini ... one tough SOB.

3b. Ryan Tannehill ... if he wins a Super Bowl in TN he instantly moves ahead of always knocking' on the door #7 ... and yes, Mike Renfro was still in bounds.

4. George Blanda ... another tough SOB. He was throwing for thousands of yards when few others did. With a cigarette in his mouth and a kicking shoe on his right foot.

5. Lynn Dickey ... after suffering the worst injury I ever witnessed in person, had a nice career in Lambeau Field.

6. Vince Young ... could have been the original Lamar Jackson. With far better arm talent. But wasn't.

I like the breakdown, code. It's a pretty start studded lineup of QBs and when all else is wiped away, I'd feel confident with most any of these guys on a do or die drive. 

scary thought when you can be the best team but face another top 10 or top 5 QB to end your season. 

Here’s my tiers.  Within each tier, no order.

Tier 1: Super Bowl Winners

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Patrick Mahomes

These players have rings.  They have proven they can carry a team to a championship.  Respect.

Tier 2: Playoff Winners

Josh Allen

Ryan Tannehill

These players have made deep runs before.  They aren’t champions yet.  Maybe they can take their teams to the next level.  Maybe they have peaked.  TBD.

I kicked Josh Allen up a tier because of the historic performance against NE.  He’s hot.

Tier 3: Unproven

Matthew Stafford

Jimmy Garoppolo

Joe Burrow

These players haven’t proven anything.  I kicked Garopollo down a tier because he keeps losing games with boneheaded INTs.

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t really emphasize any one metric be it stats or results. I could easily change Tannehill with either Burrow or Allen and make and argument for any of them. They’re all top 7 QBs who fall under the top 3.

Out of the 8 QBs left only one isn’t top 10. Add Herbert and Wilson and there’s your top 9. 

Tannehill has been a big factor in one of our two playoff wins with the 19 Baltimore game. His stats didn’t show it, but his throws to Jonnu and especially the one to Reynolds basically clinched the game. Now he’s 2-2. 

He has the chance to run the gauntlet and propel himself out of the top ten conversation facing Burrow, Mahomes/Allen and then likely Rodgers/Brady. I’ve said he was 5-7. If he wins a championship against that lineup he is elite. 

Understand. I was just curious about your logic originally and I can completely understand your list. 

Just now, JoelinBellevue said:

Trent Dilfer has a ring.  Doesn't make them a great QB. Being on a GREAT team has a lot to do with it. 

Mahomes and Rodgers carried their teams to a championship by leading elite offenses.

I can see an argument that Brady has depended on his defense over the years more than other QBs, but he’s done it so many times you just have to give him credit.

5 minutes ago, pat said:

Mahomes and Rodgers carried their teams to a championship by leading elite offenses.

I can see an argument that Brady has depended on his defense over the years more than other QBs, but he’s done it so many times you just have to give him credit.

IMO - the two guys I'd feel the least comfortable to have the ball in their hands with the game on the line are Stafford and Garrapolo. 

Joe Burrow is being overvalued based on potential, and Matthew Stafford is being over-valued based on past regular season performance on losing teams.

I think both are being overvalued as play off QBs.

Pretty much everyone is rightfully scared of Jimmy Garopollo, and every one puts Brady / Mahomes / Rodgers at the top in some kind of order.

I think people are putting Josh Allen in the right spot, but are wrong to be sleeping on Ryan Tannehill.