Around the NFL: Divisional Round Weekend

Jonboy

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.  If you mean fans of a team that actually won a Super Bowl?  Yep.  If you mean fans of a team that has the best QB in the game?  Yes again.  If you mean fans of the team that beats the Bills regu

and none of us will give a flying fuck.

I don’t. Fuck the Bills and their dildo throwing, table smashing, alcoholic fans 

Posted Images

Just now, big2033 said:

I just didn't trust we had a passing game to compete that year. Justin Gage was our main receiving weapon LOOL.

He was actually a really solid #2 type.  Another thing is that year, was one of those where they had everything go right.  I'd just figure they would fuck up somehow (missed fg, fumbles, untimely turnovers) and screw up.  But they kept on winning in the regular season.

2 hours ago, rns90 said:

He was actually a really solid #2 type.  Another thing is that year, was one of those where they had everything go right.  I'd just figure they would fuck up somehow (missed fg, fumbles, untimely turnovers) and screw up.  But they kept on winning in the regular season.

My fanboy informed me I made a mistake in my response.  Sorry.

Edited by Number9

31 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Plus, the Rams were one of the greatest teams in NFL history.  They had a record setting offense and a top defense.  I still believe the Titans win the SB if we hadn't played them during the season.  Near the GL Steve took off with his QB take off up the middle and the Rams had it covered.  He beat them on that in the regular season.

2008 idiot.....Not 1999

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

Sounds about right.  I have no idea how close they would have been in 2008 if they have gotten past BAL though.

They would have played the Steelers at home again and then Warner/Arizona coached by Whiz in the SB if they had won the re-match. 

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

Sounds about right.  I have no idea how close they would have been in 2008 if they have gotten past BAL though.

Defense was too good. Didn't need an awesome passing game. Kerry just needed to be a Dilfer kind of player. Nothing he could do about the fumbles.

49 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Calm down (*).  This is your big problem.  Idiot.  Moron. Dummy. That is 25% of your gay vocabulary.

Maybe you need to take some Midol.

Wrong Radio.....You'd think even your retarded ass would know which team was being discussed. 

12 hours ago, Homelander87 said:

Disagree. We had the best team in the NFL in 2008

I saw this and was like , really?

Why don't I remember this team?   Then, I looked back at 2008 and the Chiefs were 2-14 and setting all kinds of records of futility.

Chiefs had the fewest sacks of any team EVER!  (well, since it became a recorded stat)  They broke the Colts record.  The colts had 11.  The Chiefs managed 10.  (in a WHOLE season)

I still watched very fucking game that year looking for some optimism.  Did not find it that year.  :)

I remember the Super Bowl vaguely.  I know I watched the playoff games, but I just didn't remember the Titans being the #1 seed.  

This is going to be a great weekend of football.

I think the Titans win, the Chiefs win, the Packers win and the Rams win.

Chiefs vs. Titans AFCCG

Rams vs. Packers NFCCG

Chiefs vs. Titans day game

Rams vs. Packers night game

Looking at the teams if they lose:

If the 49ers lose, well they are expected to.  Good season.  Good effort.  Good upset in round one.

If the Bengals lose, well it was a good run and they overachieved anyway.  Good season.

If the Chiefs lose, it will suck and it was at home.  Chiefs have already proven themselves with three straight trips to the AFCCG, two Super Bowl appearances and a Championship, and the Bills are considered a very good team. 

If the Bills lose, they lost to a higher seed on the road.  Allen could be judged harshly based on his performance.

If the Buccaneers lose, they just won it all last year and the injuries and Brown's meltdown finally caught up to them.

If the Rams lose:  Oof.  They have pushed all their chips into the middle of the table.  Sure, they were the lower seed, but they are up against the cap next year, have a ton of free agents and have no first round picks in 2022 or 2023.  They are also missing their second and fourth in 2022 and their fourth in 2023. 

If the Titans lose, it will suck more than the Rams because the Titans have been fighting for respect all season even while getting the #1 seed and beating some of the best teams in the NFL.  IF they lose, the pundits just get to point and say "I told you so".   Now, the Titans can more easily build going forward, but the pundits will be loud about how the Titans were never a contender. 

But, the team with the most to lose this Sunday is the Packers.  For as great as Rodgers is, he has made a single Super Bowl.  

He has made the playoffs 11 times.  

It is well known that he is 1-4 in conference championships.  But he is also only 5-3 in the divisional round.

Obviously, Rodgers may elect to move on this offseason.  I think it is more likely with a loss in the playoffs, especially this week.

If the Packers lose this weekend, it will be the worst of any loss a team could take this weekend.  

• Jonboy unpinned this topic