Week 17 Dolphins vs Titans Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, PhinFan1968 said:

There's still a contingent of folks who don't believe Tua's an NFL caliber QB...and I'd venture a solid guess many are the same who thought (and still do) that Tannehill isn't an NFL caliber QB.  They're the "if you ain't prime Marino, you're trash" squad.

I haven’t seen a ton of his games, but Tua doesn’t super impress me. He seems to have some smarts and athleticism but doesn’t have an arm. 

10 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I haven’t seen a ton of his games, but Tua doesn’t super impress me. He seems to have some smarts and athleticism but doesn’t have an arm. 

He moves in the pocket really well. He is very very accurate on the short to medium throws. Not a huge arm but adequate when he can set his feet. Makes very quick decisions and has very quick feet and release. Will throw with anticipation. 

Not the athlete that Tannehill is and doesn't have the arm strength that Tannehill has but is just as accurate and is quicker at just about everything. To early to tell exactly what Tua's ceiling is but he has made very good progress and is better at this stage than Tannehill was. And this is coming from a huge Tannehill fan. 

If you could combine the best traits of both QBs, you'd have the best QB in the game. 

54 minutes ago, PhinFan1968 said:

There's still a contingent of folks who don't believe Tua's an NFL caliber QB...and I'd venture a solid guess many are the same who thought (and still do) that Tannehill isn't an NFL caliber QB.  They're the "if you ain't prime Marino, you're trash" squad.

That is a bit of a stretch (I know what your saying but...) Comparisons to prime Marino would mean everyone but like 5 guys are trash.

39 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Oh no he don't have a strong arm.  His deep passing is good, however...just not high volume.  Percentage-wise, it's pretty good.  I watch close, naturally, and he has some strong traits that don't get talked about because of how limited the offense shows.  He seems fairly resilient...he'll make a rookie mistake and throw a bad pick, then the next drive he'll take it straight down for the TD.  Needs consistency.  His movement in the pocket is usually really good, but when forced to throw off-set and not able to step into it, bad things can happen since he doesn't have a cannon to overcompensate...he can see the plays in chaos, but at times can be a hair late in pulling the trigger, missing out on some splashy plays.  Accuracy is usually very strong, again, needs more consistency there.  Moves defenders off target with his eyes...gets guys open by tricking coverage.  He has quick processing and a super fast release...he's just got to put it all together.

Miami's offense is super boring, but relatively efficient...if they can get an even average line and running game, I believe he'll blossom...if he can stay on the field.

2 hours ago, japan said:

I’d rather have real grass than turf. 

I think the grass is fine, but they don’t have the systems in place to keep it maintained at a high level. 

Despite the crazy weather, the fields up in Green Bay and Chicago always look better. 

Green Bay uses a really interesting system that heats up the field.

We use Bermuda grass, which is typically great for more hot/humid environments. Maybe a change to Kentucky bluegrass would be a better solution? Seems like better fields have that now. 

Disclaimer: I know very little about grass, just what I tend to see.

5 hours ago, japan said:

I’d rather have real grass than turf. 

I'd rather not have the players stumbling every other play and blowing assignments

Edit/clarification: I prefer grass, too.  @titanskick8851 nailed it.  Other teams have grass, but not nearly the problems we have in maintaining it from mid to late season.

Edited by Titan8425

12 hours ago, Titan8425 said:

Our field is terrible.

Has been for a while.

It's dangerous and an embarrassment

It will always be terrible if they continue to use a living turf grass. TN is in a transition zone. No turf cultivars will thrive here. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic