titanskick8851

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope some of those KC players die from Covid

Don't you dare laugh! Don't even smile about it.   In fact, we should probably just delete the post.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dcblanton said:

Hill was used mainly as a decoy.  He only had two targets.  Mahomes was dicing up the Steelers with backups.  

His time in the pocket makes all Titans fans look on in envy. On his first TD he sat around for 8 seconds before releasing without a single body within a yard of him. 

I know what happened in the SB, but that was an anomaly for him on the whole. KC has done an excellent job of keeping him protected. 

I don't know. Our defense is pretty damn good, and while Jimmy G did miss some throws, I'm not sure he should be benched. We pressured him into some stupid stuff. It happens. But they are in the playoff hunt because of him. I seriously doubt they would bench him over one game. 

2 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

I don't know. Our defense is pretty damn good, and while Jimmy G did miss some throws, I'm not sure he should be benched. We pressured him into some stupid stuff. It happens. But they are in the playoff hunt because of him. I seriously doubt they would bench him over one game. 

Jimmy G consistently makes unforced errors and SF often wins in spite of him, not because of him.  If they had a better QB, they'd be a legit SB favorite.

8 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but they've been putting up 30 points for several games until they hit us. I'm just saying he's the best QB they have, not that he's an elite one. 

I don't watch them religiously but in the games I do, Garrapolo gets bailed out a lot by Kittle, Deebo, etc.  as his ball placement accuracy is bad.  Even in games where he produces well, he tends to have 3 or WTF throws in him.

I completely understand why they want to move on from him.  Now, Lance in what I've seen is pretty raw so not sure he's any better in the long term.  If they had a top 10 QB, it would be scary IMO.

Edited by BudsOilers

2 hours ago, logicals said:

Do you get more and more sad as Allen flies up the list of All-Time game-winning drive leaders?

Allen can have all the come from behind wins he wants.  Hopefully that fills the void of lacking championships for you.  It was better for the Titans and Chiefs for the Bills to win.  Congrats on the comeback.  Fans of franchises that have never accomplished anything keep track of things like that.   So, you will want to pay attention to that stat going forward.  20 years from now, when Allen still hasn't won a Super Bowl, you can say, but he is one of the all time greats at come from behind victories, or game winning drives! 

What you don't see here is that he is more often in a position to have a drive like that because he isn't as good as other QB's.  Mahomes outranks him in every other stat, but most importantly wins.  So, it's not like Allen has any true bragging rights.  He is a top 10 QB.  Congrats!  

It will be a sad day when you can't suck him off in front of everyone here because you have to leave to honor your bet about the Bills getting the #1 seed.  You were only 3 seeds off!

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

His time in the pocket makes all Titans fans look on in envy. On his first TD he sat around for 8 seconds before releasing without a single body within a yard of him. 

I know what happened in the SB, but that was an anomaly for him on the whole. KC has done an excellent job of keeping him protected. 

One of his biggest issues this year was that in the last two years, especially 2020, he had to scramble a lot, or he would continue to drop and drop.   He didn't have great protection last year.  In fact, it was pretty atrocious.  Good QB's make even bad lines look better.

This year, he has had a lot of good pockets that he has scrambled out of.  And, he was always looking to hit the big play.  He is doing a better job of stepping up into the pocket instead of continuing to drop back and into the path of the rusher.   In previous years, the tackles were the strength of the line.  But, the interior was mediocre at best.  The Chiefs completely rebuilt the line this year and guard to guard it is as good as any line in the league.  Orlando Brown at LT is not my favorite, but he has been getting the job done.  Mahomes knows that Brown will do a better job of guarding to the inside and force the pass rusher around.  Early in the season, Mahomes was dropping right into those sacks, or pressure.

Now, he is doing a better job of playing with this line.

4 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Again did you watch the game? The O Line actually played well

One of the most underappreciated parts of how well an offensive line looks is directly because of the QB.  Most sacks are the QB's fault.  The line played well for being backups.  But, let's not act like the Cardinals weren't getting a lot of pressure on Wentz.

Taylor had a mediocre game, averaging right at 4 yards a carry.  And, most of that came on the first drive, and 43 yards came on the first play from scrimmage.  It was his first game in 11 or so where he didn't score a TD.

Wentz was responsible for both TD's scored.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic