Do we now agree that there's a Tannehill PROBLEM?

CharrdWood

24 minutes ago, XAEA12 said:

Tannehill hasn't put up the kind of performance he did in years past, but if you saw Brady against the Saints you'd see losing your top 3 WRs and starting RB got the GOAT his first scoreless game in 15 years. Tannehill lost all that plus has a new offensive system.  

It's a little bigger than that.  The offense has lost Conklin, C. Davis and J. Smith in recent years.  None of them have been replaced. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No   The only people wanting to replace Tannehill or think he's a problem are the dumbest posters on the board  

Just gonna leave this here...    

Fuck no there isn't a Tannehill problem

Posted Images

20 hours ago, NFLStudent said:

He's has not regressed. He's the same guy. He's just asked to do more and he's exposed and now some of us are disappointed/sad/angry. 

I'm inclined to re-phrase this a bit. He's asked to do the same but with less: backup WRs and RBs. It's bound to disappoint, but the Turnover Bug has got to be eradicated.

On 12/19/2021 at 5:57 PM, GoodToGo said:

Foreman, aside from breaking one for a TD, played very well today. The run game was great. Pass game? Well, not so much. 

Brady used to have no-name guys at WR for years and still did great. Of course he’s the GOAT, but he made the best out of what he had. 

When he had elite te’s? Gronk and Hernandez? Lol. His wrs were never Cody Abercrombie and Chester Cheeto level don’t kid yourself. 

and y’all acting like Henry the only person missing lol. “This proves Henry’s they whole team!” Ummm the whole team dead lol, not just Henry 

Just now, logicals said:

Justin Herbert, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, etc were all drafted in the past few years while the Titans have said "Tannehill is good enough".

There were opportunities, even if it took moving up, but the Titans decided to stay put.

Who would you rather have right now? A 34 year old Tannehill who is painfully average, or a 20-something young stud?

Come on Logical, even you can't believe the stuff you're writing.  The Titans literally did not have the chance to draft any of those guys with the exception of Jackson, who came out in 2018 and at the time Tannehill was a Dolphin.  I'm not interested in having a back and forth with you because we've done that way too many times but they needed to improve certain parts of the roster to be able to get over the hump (as have the Bills since both teams have basically mirrored each other the past two years) but the offense was a top producing offense.  When you're in a window like the Titans have been in and it's been working, you don't all of the sudden replace one player who's produced because you may get an upgrade.  You fill in the other parts to try and make a run.

I've made it very clear over the past three days that I don't consider Tannehill to be an elite QB.  He's in a class with many other QBs who is good enough to win with but he won't carry you.  However, there is no guarantee that any QB you draft will be able to carry you and if the Titans were that interested in any of these QBs, from where they were drafting, they'd have had to mortgage too much to get there.  It wouldn't have made sense for them even if they wanted to.

4 hours ago, logicals said:

Justin Herbert, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, etc were all drafted in the past few years while the Titans have said "Tannehill is good enough".

There were opportunities, even if it took moving up, but the Titans decided to stay put.

The only one of those who could have even remotely been ours is Lamar Jackson and maybe Josh Allen, but all the teams who drafted those other guys were QB-starved and probably could not be coaxed out of their draft position.

There are other teams more desperate than the Titans are at QB and they couldn't move on those guys either because teams like LA, AZ, Cincy, Jax weren't moving off their shot to grab a difference-making QB-- three of those at the very top of the draft!

Easier said than done comes to mind.

19 hours ago, XAEA12 said:

Tannehill hasn't put up the kind of performance he did in years past, but if you saw Brady against the Saints you'd see losing your top 3 WRs and starting RB got the GOAT his first scoreless game in 15 years. Tannehill lost all that plus has a new offensive system.  

That was only 1 game, what are the chances stinking each game as tannehill this season?

That's the question you should ask yourself.

Edited by AJClown

10 hours ago, logicals said:

As I said in the post you quoted "even if they had to move up".

If I were running a team, I would rather trade the farm for a young stud QB. And then build around him.

Rather than pay a good chunk of change for an average QB who needs a HOF RB to be successful.

Thats all I'm saying. I would put my chips in on the young stud.

This is interesting.

I can't remember a team that was ready to compete for a SB that would be that aggressive to land a top QB....

Maybe the Rams with Stafford? Difference with Stafford as he was aleady a proven QB in the league, versus the guys coming out of college...

12 hours ago, logicals said:

As I said in the post you quoted "even if they had to move up".

If I were running a team, I would rather trade the farm for a young stud QB. And then build around him.

Rather than pay a good chunk of change for an average QB who needs a HOF RB to be successful.

Thats all I'm saying. I would put my chips in on the young stud.

How are we moving up from late 20's to #1 overall, while building around a young QB.  We had no where near the draft capital to do that, and with players likely having to be involved in that type of trade your doing a complete rebuild without any draft capital because you traded it all away.

Not to mention a rookie QB would be destroyed with this offensive line.

2 hours ago, Guts said:

How are we moving up from late 20's to #1 overall, while building around a young QB.  We had no where near the draft capital to do that, and with players likely having to be involved in that type of trade your doing a complete rebuild without any draft capital because you traded it all away.

Not to mention a rookie QB would be destroyed with this offensive line.

Fans live in this fantasy world where you can get franchise QBs outside the 1st round with regularity. Sure Wilson and Brady are the big outliers. as for the rest you are talking about getting lucky to hit on guys like Prescott, Cousins, Carr, Hurts, etc.... The bottomline is if you want a franchise caliber QB you better be willing to spend a 1st rounder on one.

When you factor in injures and the Watson situation the breakdown is below:

Starting QBs by draft round

1st - 24

2nd - 3

3rd - 1

4th - 2

5th - 0

6th - 1 (Brady)

7th - 0

undrafted - 1 (Heineke)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_starting_quarterbacks_in_the_National_Football_League

Edited by oldschool

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Fans live in this fantasy world where you can get franchise QBs outside the 1st round with regularity. Sure Wilson and Brady are the big outliers. as for the rest you are talking about getting lucky to hit on guys like Prescott, Cousins, Carr, Hurts, etc.... The bottomline is if you want a franchise caliber QB you better be willing to spend a 1st rounder on one.

When you factor in injures and the Watson situation the breakdown is below:

Starting QBs by draft round

1st - 24

2nd - 3

3rd - 1

4th - 2

5th - 0

6th - 1 (Brady)

7th - 0

undrafted - 1 (Heineke)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_starting_quarterbacks_in_the_National_Football_League

And our recent success makes that more difficult.  We are a superbowl caliber team that can't afford taking a gamble on moving up that far when we have a QB capable of winning now.

• 3 weeks later...