AJ Brown to IR

titanskick8851

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly thought Tate would be out there, purely out of desperation.

Just gotta limp into the playoffs and hope guys are healthy 

This will be the worst WR core ever to step on the field for a game in league history

Just now, freakingeek said:

As bad as this game tomorrow looks on paper, if the defense comes to play and RT has a good game, I think we have a chance to pull the upset. It's going to take some good luck (for a change). Getting Naquan back is a positive. I'm also really looking forward to seeing what Hilliard can do with his promotion. I just hope the Oline holds up.

This is a toss up game. The idea it would be a huge upset is absurd. The Pats have no WRs and dink and dunk down the field. They have a good running game and that's it. The Titans defense is good and should contain the Pats offense. Even last week, the Titans moved the ball easily and were bit by turnovers and bad 4th down play. If Tannehill rebounds and plays well the Titans can easily win this game.

48 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

No argument from me about rosters having holes the issue was always a philosophical decision from JRob/Vrabel last offseason to plough so many resources into the defense and risk regression from a top 5 offense.

Derrick Henry covered up some of those roster holes when he was healthy.

The sheer volume of injuries and some Covid lag at the beginning from Jones, Davis, and Swaim was hard to plan for.  I do think it's fair to criticize their handling of the TE spot.  The loss of Smith and overrating of Firsker/Swaim has been a really bad miscalculation. Certainly depending on Jones was also a gamble but talent wise you see the appeal.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

This is a toss up game. The idea it would be a huge upset is absurd. The Pats have no WRs and dink and dunk down the field. They have a good running game and that's it. The Titans defense is good and should contain the Pats offense. Even last week, the Titans moved the ball easily and were bit by turnovers and bad 4th down play. If Tannehill rebounds and plays well the Titans can easily win this game.

The problem is that they have a good enough defense to hold us to single digits unless we play much better than we did last week and we're even more banged up now. Their dink and dunk style is actually perfect for exploiting our soft zone coverages and alleviate pressure from our DL. It's a really bad matchup for us on paper imo

7 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The problem is that they have a good enough defense to hold us to single digits unless we play much better than we did last week and we're even more banged up now. Their dink and dunk style is actually perfect for exploiting our soft zone coverages and alleviate pressure from our DL. It's a really bad matchup for us on paper imo

If Molden can go it’s a great matchup. They’re slow on O. Hooker and Molden can be game winners.

1 hour ago, titaninpgh said:

From an outcomes rather than process perspective, I think this discussion can be reduced to two questions:

1) Should they have replaced Corey Davis with Julio Jones?

- I believe Davis has missed 3 games this year and is about to miss his 4th. He has a bunch of drops. Jet fans have turned on him. He's not exactly making the Titans regret their decision.

2) Should they have sacrificed Jonnu Smith for Autry + Jayon?

- Autry has been a huge piece to the defensive improvement. This defense is no longer an abomination.

- Jonnu hasn't come close to earning $12M/year.

- Jayon isn't playing at a $5M level, but if they didn't resign him everyone would be moaning about why they didn't build more depth at ILB.

Fair to argue that it was Jonnu vs Bud, and we'll see over the next few years whose contract is the bigger dud.

Signing Clowney is what cost them Jonnu.

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

The sheer volume of injuries and some Covid lag at the beginning from Jones, Davis, and Swaim was hard to plan for.  I do think it's fair to criticize their handling of the TE spot.  The loss of Smith and overrating of Firsker/Swaim has been a really bad miscalculation. Certainly depending on Jones was also a gamble but talent wise you see the appeal.

Signing Smith for 12.5 million would have been a terrible decision. Letting him go was absolutely the right call, the problem was not drafting or signing an adequate replacement

2 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Signing Smith for 12.5 million would have been a terrible decision. Letting him go was absolutely the right call, the problem was not drafting or signing an adequate replacement

I don't think anyone believes otherwise. It's not replacing him that's the issue as you stated.

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I said above no one could of predicted the extent of the injuries but it also doesn't change the concerns many had prior to the season that this team was light at the offensive skill positions.

The discussion last offseason had the board split on whether too many resources were pumped into fixing the defense at the expense of maintaining/building on the strength of this team which was a top 5 offense, had Smith and Davis been adequately replaced before the desperation move for Julio things might not of been so dire right now. 

I supported the move for Julio but hated the fact the roster was in such a state it was a necessary move.

Do you really think that another tight end and a receiver here or there would make much of a difference in terms of overall team performance? 

They had tremendous WR depth anyway and the OL depth has been good. The defense is carrying this team into the playoffs.