Eddie George: one of the 26 semifinalists for the HOF next year

Oiler FANatic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's because you haven't realized Rass isn't here to have real discussions.  It's all spam, troll, and yearning for attention.

He doesn't deserve it. He was never a HoF caliber player.

I already answered your question attitude is irrelevant. And to say that Davis isn't a fart on the Richter scale of running backs shows how fucking stupid you are.   Davis is literally the 3

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, WG53 said:

HoF is based off several factors including being the best to ever play the game. George was never one of the best to ever play the game. 

I'm guessing you don't think Gayle Sayers was HoF worthy? He was clearly one of the best to ever play the game 

No, George didn't have better career stats. He just played more games. Davis averaged just shy of 100 yards per game. George averaged about 76. 

Again, is the Hall based off Hypothetical numbers or actual numbers? Eddie only played 2 more years than Davis. 10,000+ is significantly more than 7000+ for 2 year difference. Is it Eddie's fault Davis couldn't stay healthy?

Again, if you put Terrell Davis is the Hall for Hypothetical numbers, then you have to put Eddie in for actual numbers.

Cracks me up people think Hypothetical numbers is a more legitimate reason to be in the Hall of fame than the actual numbers somebody put up. I'm not even saying Terrell shouldn't be in. Dude was cold. I'm just saying put a guy in who was actually durable and played his career out.

7 minutes ago, WG53 said:

I'll end this debate right now.

Career yards per game.

1. Jim Brown 104.3

2. Barry Sanders 99.8

3. T. Davis 98.5

I guarantee if we worked the same Job & did the exact same work and my production was more while I worked so I got paid more, but one day I got injured and the foreman said well we're going to continue paying this gentleman more simply because hypothetically if he didn't get injured his production numbers would probably be better. I guarantee you would have an issue with that. Am I right? Life shouldn't be based of hypothetical situations and what ifs.

6 minutes ago, CrossDogBl1tz said:

Again, is the Hall based off Hypothetical numbers or actual numbers? Eddie only played 2 more years than Davis. 10,000+ is significantly more than 7000+ for 2 year difference. Is it Eddie's fault Davis couldn't stay healthy?

Again, if you put Terrell Davis is the Hall for Hypothetical numbers, then you have to put Eddie in for actual numbers.

Cracks me up people think Hypothetical numbers is a more legitimate reason to be in the Hall of fame than the actual numbers somebody put up. I'm not even saying Terrell shouldn't be in. Dude was cold. I'm just saying put a guy in who was actually durable and played his career out.

Can you not read? Eddie George has almost double the amount of games played and you want to act as if the years are the factor.

I've already destroyed everything you said. And you can't counter anything I've said. Davis is the third all-time in rushing yards per game and nothing you say can counter that.

1 minute ago, CrossDogBl1tz said:

I guarantee if we worked the same Job & did the exact same work and my production was more while I worked so I got paid more, but one day I got injured and the foreman said well we're going to continue paying this gentleman more simply because hypothetically if he didn't get injured his production numbers would probably be better. I guarantee you would have an issue with that. Am I right? Life shouldn't be based of hypothetical situations and what ifs.

Sorry it doesn't work that way in sports. Try harder.

3 minutes ago, CrossDogBl1tz said:

Answer this. And answer it honestly. Do you think Terrell Davis would be in the Hall of fame if he had an Attitude like Terrell Owens?

Attitude is irrelevant.

Just now, WG53 said:

Attitude is irrelevant.

Answer the question..If Terrell Davis had an Attitude like Terrell Owens do you think he would be in the Hall? And if Owens had mediocre WR numbers do you think he would be in the Hall? TD was a stand-up guy, that's the only reason he is in the hall with those numbers. By Comparison with guys in that Era like Barry Sanders and Emmit Smith, Terrell Davis isn't even a fart on the Richter Scale of Runningbacks.