Eddie George: one of the 26 semifinalists for the HOF next year

There are a lot of really excellent players among these semifinalists. I don't know how much I like his chances of making the final list when they cut it down to 15. Good luck Eddie!

https://www.nfl.com/news/pro-football-hall-of-fame-reveals-26-semifinalists-for-class-of-2022

Edited by Oiler FANatic
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He doesn't deserve it. He was never a HoF caliber player.

It's because you haven't realized Rass isn't here to have real discussions.  It's all spam, troll, and yearning for attention.

I already answered your question attitude is irrelevant. And to say that Davis isn't a fart on the Richter scale of running backs shows how fucking stupid you are.   Davis is literally the 3

39 minutes ago, CrossDogBl1tz said:

Man put Eddie George in the Hall of Fame. For those saying he ain't a Hall of Famer.

Terrell Davis: 7607 rushing yards, 60 rushing tds. HOF

Eddie George: 10,441 rushing yards, 68 rushing TDs, 268 receptions, 2,227 receiving yards, 10 receiving tds.

Your point? Davis was a better running back. His career was shortened by injury but he was HoF caliber. George was just good for a couple of years and the worst rb to start a whole season ever the last part of his career. Even at his best he wasn't great. 

He averaged 3.6 you for his career. That is god awful. Davis averaged a full yard more per carry.

As usual Ras you don't know what you are talking about. By your logic Frank Gore should be in the hall of fame. He has never been remotely an elite player either.

Edited by WG53
38 minutes ago, CrossDogBl1tz said:

Man put Eddie George in the Hall of Fame. For those saying he ain't a Hall of Famer.

Terrell Davis: 7607 rushing yards, 60 rushing tds. HOF

Eddie George: 10,441 rushing yards, 68 rushing TDs, 268 receptions, 2,227 receiving yards, 10 receiving tds.

Stats don't always mean everything, just look at CJ: 9651 rushing yards, 55 rushing TD's; 307 catches for 2255 yards and 9 TD's. But he won't get much HOF consideration, if any.

Edited by Oiler FANatic
1 minute ago, WG53 said:

Your point? Davis was a better running back. His career was shortened by injury but he was HoF caliber. George was just good for a couple of years and the worst rb to start a whole season ever the last part of his career. Even at his best he wasn't great. 

He averaged 3.6 you for his career. That is god awful. Davis averaged a full yard more per carry.

As usual Ras you don't know what you are talking about.

So is the Hall of fame supposed to be based off your actual numbers or hypothetical numbers? I always thought the Hall was suppose to be based off actual numbers. We all know Davis had a shortened career, but you can't or shouldn't say well he woulda done this and that had he not got hurt. Staying healthy is part of it. Fact is Eddie George had a longer career and has better career stats. It's ridiculous to put a guy in the Hall off hypothetical numbers. You either did or you didn't.

Just now, CrossDogBl1tz said:

So is the Hall of fame supposed to be based off your actual numbers or hypothetical numbers? I always thought the Hall was suppose to be based off actual numbers. We all know Davis had a shortened career, but you can't or shouldn't say well he woulda done this and that had he not got hurt. Staying healthy is part of it. Fact is Eddie George had a longer career and has better career stats. It's ridiculous to put a guy in the Hall off hypothetical numbers. You either did or you didn't.

HoF is based off several factors including being the best to ever play the game. George was never one of the best to ever play the game. 

I'm guessing you don't think Gayle Sayers was HoF worthy? He was clearly one of the best to ever play the game 

No, George didn't have better career stats. He just played more games. Davis averaged just shy of 100 yards per game. George averaged about 76. 

12 minutes ago, WG53 said:

As usual Ras you don't know what you are talking about. By your logic Frank Gore should be in the hall of fame. He has never been remotely an elite player either.

There’s a least a reasonable case that could be made for Gore, not one I would agree with, but if someone thought he should get in I wouldn’t blame them. Eddie on the other hand, not a chance and there’s no case whatsoever to be made. 

George played almost double the amount of games than Davis. He only gained 2,834 more yards despite that. If George was so great he should have had over 13,000 yards.  Instead he was very pedestrian as a runner after his 1500 yard season. Even then he only achieved that by volume. He was the perfect example of quantity over quality.

His best trait was his leadership not his play.

Edited by WG53