Tale of The Tape vs. Houston

11 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

No one wanted to hear it, but I said earlier we were not containing a running QB like we did with others. These guys were too anxious to get a sack and not disciplined. These guys hadn't scored a TD on the road this year.  Foreman needs to help pack and get on the plane with AP.  Quess is atrocious, but Jrobbed drafts a guy 1st that is more suited to play guard than tackle and can't even get on the field unless someone is hurt. Just pathetic. Even this guy points out what Tanne was dealing with in his sarcasm. Wake up you naysayers. 

Just now, JoelinBellevue said:

Wasn't just the containment. They hurt us with out routes all game.

At times they did.  The overall point, though, is that the two Taylor TD runs off of lost containment were their only scores.  I totally think they hold them to FG's in those instances without the breakdowns.  Houston is that bad.

Just now, BudsOilers said:

At times they did.  The overall point, though, is that the two Taylor TD runs off of lost containment were their only scores.  I totally think they hold them to FG's in those instances without the breakdowns.  Houston is that bad.

Well yes, that is true, but we could not get them off the field when we needed all the reps possible to try and score somehow, some way.  If nothing else wear the D down and hope in the end we could go by them. 

2 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Well yes, that is true, but we could not get them off the field when we needed all the reps possible to try and score somehow, some way.  If nothing else wear the D down and hope in the end we could go by them. 

Sure but the 2nd half was really different after the 1st drive.  Just a shame the muffed punt happened.

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Tannehill has got himself into trouble regularly this season staring down receivers needs to be better with his eye discipline.

He is so accurate I think he believes he can do that and fit a ball into any crease, which he has done many times. I also believe he only wanted AJ on that play, and figured that was his best option. I would suggest that more picks are made this way than any other way, by undercutting a route. When I watch videos from behind the QB and see what he is throwing into, I literally go how the fuck does he do that? Just a sea of bodies.  But yeah, a lot of traffic on that play and he got burned. But it happens to the best of them.  The rest Sunday were not like the first. 

12 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Tannehill has got himself into trouble regularly this season staring down receivers needs to be better with his eye discipline.

It goes back to limited weapons in the passing game.  Too many times, AJB is the lone reliable option and even that's been shaky at times.  The failure to get ROI from Julio replacing Davis and the lack of production from the TE group has hurt in terms of reliability and explosive plays.