What's your favorite cheese?

SleepingTitan

18 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Can we agree Brie is the worst

I started to get a little tast for brie once i had it melted on a turkey sandwhich with some pepperoncini pepper...

Now it's not so bad but yeah, I dont like buying it for cold spreads. I'll eat it if i'm someplace ( foreign hotel or something) that looks like it may have some good cheese with breakfast but i'm usually bored with the flavor after a bite and the texture with the coating doesnt help.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Can't say I really have a favorite but I can't make a salad without putting feta in it. Obviously can't have shit like Mac n Cheese or Pizza without cheese but there's lots of choices at least to choose from with stuff like that.

The price of feta is insane. Cheese prices in the USA in general are stupid high... but with like mozz and feta - there's nothing to it. Like at all. It's so simple. Why is it so expensive? 

you could buy a brick sized piece of feta in Greece for like $2 . For $6 I got a salad there with like 10 tomatoes, a couple bell peppers, a whole onion, olives, and a block of feta that's 3 iPhones thick. And their inflation is twice ours! 

8 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Can't say I really have a favorite but I can't make a salad without putting feta in it. Obviously can't have shit like Mac n Cheese or Pizza without cheese but there's lots of choices at least to choose from with stuff like that.

Your favorite isn't curds?

12 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It’s funny you say that. Stopped at a Culver’s on my way back home to Milwaukee specifically for some cheese curds yesterday 

If they don’t squeak they aren’t good right?  I bought some a few years ago….battered and fried them for the kids.

I don’t really love cheese that much.  Also, it’s prob one of the worst things you can eat health wise.

Edited by VaTitan

32 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

If they don’t squeak they aren’t good right?  I bought some a few years ago….battered and fried them for the kids.

I don’t really love cheese that much.  Also, it’s prob one of the worst things you can eat health wise.

I’m not a big fan of the “squeaky” type of cheese curds, but it is funny just how decent of cheese you can get at gas stations if you’re looking for just cheddar and simple stuff like that… def more for the deep fried mozzarella stick variety but rarely actually get it just because the cost

On 11/25/2021 at 1:43 AM, wiscotitansfan said:

It’s funny you say that. Stopped at a Culver’s on my way back home to Milwaukee specifically for some cheese curds yesterday 

My Wisconsinite introduced me to Culver’s. We have one or two down here. Their frozen custard is money and their cheese curds are wonderful.