Who is your second team - your backup team

logicals

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Nope. Brady is better, and it's not even close. The only other QB's who are in the same conversation as Brady are Montana and Unitas.

Yeah, I don't think Manning/BB works as well as Brady/BB did.  Manning needed coaches where he could be the alpha, and he wouldn't have been with BB.  

And if you want to talk about teams stacked with Talent, Manning was surrounded by great offensive talent and still struggled in the playoffs.  Brady got prime-Moss one year and re-wrote record books.  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@kyle021 is the board's biggest fan of the Titans as his backup team.   His love for his 49ers is unmatched, though...

Seems fairly obvious someone's second favorite team is the Titans.

No one, if the Titans are out I give 0 fucks.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Yeah, I don't think Manning/BB works as well as Brady/BB did.  Manning needed coaches where he could be the alpha, and he wouldn't have been with BB.  

And if you want to talk about teams stacked with Talent, Manning was surrounded by great offensive talent and still struggled in the playoffs.  Brady got prime-Moss one year and re-wrote record books.  

Manning is  sort of a choker if one wants to be realistic.  He blew home field advantages a lot and basically didn't perform as well in postseason.  His two rings were 2006 where they ran the ball and played great defense (and faced Rex Grossman LOL) and the Broncos one where he sucked and was along for the ride as the 2015 DEN defense carried that team.

11 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Manning is sort of a choker if one wants to be realistic. He blew home field advantages a lot and basically didn't perform as well in postseason.

Exactly, the Colts went 12-4 or better for 7 years in a row (2003-2009). Three of those years the Colts were one and done in the playoffs.

Peyton Manning's postseason record is 14-13, which is really good. While Tom Brady is 34-11 in the postseason, the best in NFL history.

2 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Exactly, the Colts went 12-4 or better for 7 years in a row (2003-2009). Three of those years the Colts were one and done in the playoffs.

Peyton Manning's postseason record is 14-13, which is really good. While Tom Brady is 34-11 in the postseason, the best in NFL history.

I like that the Titans added the last loss to that record.

I never had a second team until today.  Then I watched Jonathan Taylor score 5 TD's against the Bills.  I also watched the Bills QB and he reminded me of Jake Locker.

So now my second favorite team is the Bills because I thought Jake Locker was a nice guy.