Josh Reynolds Granted His Release

tgo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Screw the 2000 Ravens.     Dominant as they were, it’s a little-known fact that the 2000 Ravens D actually finished the regular season as the league’s #2-ranked defense.  But everyone remembers

Clearly making space for OBJ

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TWR said:

Wasn’t his first game. He had 3 targets and 0 catches last week 

I thought this was his first game. My bad. Probably didn't help having Tim fucking Boyle throwing the rock. Hard to get worse than Goff this year..

Didn't Reynolds sign a one year "prove it" deal here? I'm pretty sure he was probably led to believe he was being penciled in as the probable #2 guy behind AJ. Then we sign JJ which severely limits his touches and his chances to earn a bigger long term contract. Instead of accepting the challenge he wussed out and carried around a chip on his shoulder until we granted his release.

Had he done what was expected of him, he would have had to chance to earn that second contract on a playoff bound team. Of course what he didn't know was, AJ and JJ would both be dinged up  as well as ALL of his other competition at WR and his playing time would have increased exponentially. He basically screwed himself with his bad attitude so now he's on a shit team and is not going to get the exposure and opportunity he could have gotten here. Too bad, so sad. Screw him.

Edited by freakingeek

5 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

Didn't Reynolds sign a one year "prove it" deal here? I'm pretty sure he was probably led to believe he was being penciled in as the probable #2 guy behind AJ. Then we sign JJ which severely limits his touches and his chances to earn a bigger long term contract. Instead of accepting the challenge he wussed out and carried around a chip on his shoulder until we granted his release. Had he done what was expected of him, he would have had to chance to earn that second contract on a playoff bound team. Of course what he didn't know was, AJ and JJ would both be dinged up  as well as ALL of his other competition at WR and his playing time would have increased exponentially. He basically screwed himself with his bad attitude so now he's on a shit team and is not going to get the exposure and opportunity he could have gotten here. Too bad, so sad. Screw him.

I get it but I find it hard to be mad at Reynolds. He's doing what he thinks is best for his career. We didn't do it purposely I'm sure but in effect we brought him here under false pretenses. Even at our best our pass volume is barely enough to feed 2 receivers let alone 3 so I can see him deciding to get out of town in a context year. So far, it looks like he made the right call doesn't it? Reynold's priority needs to be what's best for him, not what's best to the Titans. He owes us nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I get it but I find it hard to be mad at Reynolds. He's doing what he thinks is best for his career. We didn't do it purposely I'm sure but in effect we brought him here under false pretenses. Even at our best our pass volume is barely enough to feed 2 receivers let alone 3 so I can see him deciding to get out of town in a context year. So far, it looks like he made the right call doesn't it? Reynold's priority needs to be what's best for him, not what's best to the Titans. He owes us nothing. 

Ofc he made the right call. Problem is guy def had some sort of emotional/mental fault when JJ signed.

9 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I understand he is doing what's best for his career. But he also had a contract here to fulfill, which he didn't. There were no guarantees that I heard about concerning playing time. Nothing is handed to you in the NFL. You have to earn it. 

2 hours ago, freakingeek said:

I understand he is doing what's best for his career. But he also had a contract here to fulfill, which he didn't. There were no guarantees that I heard about concerning playing time. Nothing is handed to you in the NFL. You have to earn it. 

These contracts are worthless. Titans could've cut him at any time for any reason and not fulfilled it. Nothing was guaranteed but there's a reason we all reacted the way we did when we signed Julio after Reynolds was locked in. The writing was on the wall. That said, he did have a chance to earn more playing time and didn't do it. He's also decent at best so I find it difficult to get too upset about him going. Sometimes things just don't time up correctly.