Is this a fair trade?

abenjami

This is a 0.5 PPR league where you have to start 2RB and can start 3RB because the flex is RB/WR/TE.

Team A has Derrick Henry.  Other RB's on the roster are Gibson, Gaskin and Sermon,

Team B has Najee Harris, Darrell Henderson, Damien Harris, Eli MItchell, Javonte Williams, and McCaffrey.

Team A trades Henry to Team B for Damien Harris.

Is this a fair trade?  Does this trade make both teams better?  Is there a clear winner or loser?  Collusion?  

43 minutes ago, abenjami said:

This is a 0.5 PPR league where you have to start 2RB and can start 3RB because the flex is RB/WR/TE.

Team A has Derrick Henry.  Other RB's on the roster are Gibson, Gaskin and Sermon,

Team B has Najee Harris, Darrell Henderson, Damien Harris, Eli MItchell, Javonte Williams, and McCaffrey.

Team A trades Henry to Team B for Damien Harris.

Is this a fair trade?  Does this trade make both teams better?  Is there a clear winner or loser?  Collusion?  

Is it some kind of dynasty league? Team A trades a player who will most likely not be available for the fantasy playoffs for a player who will. Obvious bad form UNLESS there is some kind of keeper provision. The person getting Henry gets nothing. 

No dynasty, no keepers.  I see it as Team B is trading unneeded depth for a chance that Henry returns, while Team A most likely gets a solid RB for nothing.

It's big controversy in my league but I see it as a fair trade.

Just now, abenjami said:

No dynasty, no keepers.  I see it as Team B is trading unneeded depth for a chance that Henry returns, while Team A most likely gets a solid RB for nothing.

It's big controversy in my league but I see it as a fair trade.

I think it depends on the owner. If the person is trustworthy, and their team is in a good position, I think you allow the trade. Harris is not a world beater--banking on Henry coming back earlyish is a massive risk, but risks aren't problematic. If the player is clearly throwing that's one thing. 

As long as it's being done by the team getting Henry as a way of trying to improve their own team I wouldn't have a problem with it.  The logic makes sense even though on the surface you'd rather have Harris than Henry for the rest of the year.

It's certainly a massive risk. I don't think Henry will make it back for the fantasy playoffs. But if he does the guy has potentially Henry and McCaffrey. I don't necessarily agree with the move but it's not on the level of collusion. 

50 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

In a redraft league like the one you are talking about here.

Absolutely.  I am the owner of Team B.  It was my trade offer.

I'm laughing at people who think I'm "tanking" in a redraft league where I'm 6-2 and there's no benefit to tanking for next season because there are no keepers.

But I will also say the only reason I was willing to make the deal was because of my ridiculous depth at RB.  I'm basically trading a bench player for a shot at Henry.

Edited by abenjami

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Absolutely.  I am the owner of Team B.  It was my trade offer.

I'm laughing at people who think I'm "tanking" in a redraft league where I'm 6-2 and there's no benefit to tanking for next season because there are no keepers.

But I will also say the only reason I was willing to make the deal was because of my ridiculous depth at RB.  I'm basically trading a bench player for a shot at Henry.

You’d be trading a starting RB who is worth a decent return of someone you could actually use in exchange (a WR or something else you need). Instead you would get a guy who might play during the fantasy playoffs and if he did you’d need to bench one of those other RBs.

I see your logic, but I don’t see Henry as likely to play again during the regular season. I don’t see it as collusion and it’s fair in the sense that you volunteer to take the less valuable player. But I would personally not trade for Henry.

5 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

You’d be trading a starting RB who is worth a decent return of someone you could actually use in exchange (a WR or something else you need). Instead you would get a guy who might play during the fantasy playoffs and if he did you’d need to bench one of those other RBs.

I see your logic, but I don’t see Henry as likely to play again during the regular season. I don’t see it as collusion and it’s fair in the sense that you volunteer to take the less valuable player. But I would personally not trade for Henry.

I totally understand the argument against my side of the trade.  But really what I'm asking is do you think the trade is unjustifiable, which I think you've answered.