Titans vs. Rams Prep - SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

titanskick8851

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Taylor is the best back in the league.  Every time I watch that guy play not only does he produce but he's impossible to tackle.  I know that's not going to be a very popular opinion but so be it.  And the stat above backs that up.

On any given down, Taylor and Chubb are the most impressive runners. Henry is just a step above then in explosive potential and physicality. 

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In some good news the anti prophet Jason LaCanfora is predicting the Rams will destroy the Titans on Sunday and the team will collapse in the 2nd half of the season without Henry.   Super Bo

The media narrative all week is going to be about losing Henry and Von Miller joining the Rams. Honestly, this feels a little like the Bills game last year with no one giving us a chance. The team wil

Posted Images

Just now, titaninpgh said:

On any given down, Taylor and Chubb are the most impressive runners. Henry is just a step above then in explosive potential and physicality. 

There's certainly parts of his game that Henry is better at than Taylor.  But people also need to remember that he has so many yards because of volume.  And I'm certainly not trying to take anything away from Henry.  He's having a great career and might be on the way to the Hall of Fame.  But when I watch Taylor, I have no idea why the Colts just don't give him the ball 30 times a game.  Yes, he'd wear down but at the same time for the short term it would help them win more games.  They'd certainly have had a better chance to win last Sunday with more Taylor and less Wentz.

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Taylor is the best back in the league.  Every time I watch that guy play not only does he produce but he's impossible to tackle.  I know that's not going to be a very popular opinion but so be it.  And the stat above backs that up.

I agree that Taylor is a top 5 rb - probably top 3, but that stat plot is a little misleading. For one, it takes the run grade of the entire Oline, and we know that the Colts Oline has been hodgepodge all year - but they also have some studs in there. 

Henry's uniqueness has been that he's consistently racked up more 50+ yard runs than anyone else since 2018.  It's very CJ like in production albeit the style is totally different.

The Titans will miss that explosive element from the run game but at the same time it also required them to feed him the rock at an insane rate to get it to pop.  Think about this - DH was getting more carries per game this year than peak Earl Campbell under Bum......

Edited by BudsOilers

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

But when I watch Taylor, I have no idea why the Colts just don't give him the ball 30 times a game.  Yes, he'd wear down but at the same time for the short term it would help them win more games. 

Sounds good! Until he gets a stress fracture in his foot!

Wait…what does that sound familiar….

I was kind of feeling indifferent about the team signing ADP.  I definitely like what I've seen in these short practice clips though.  Top end speed on a HB is nice but not necessarily required.  Balance,  COD, and foot speed are definitely needed and you can definitely see what a freak he is by how damn fast his feet can still move.   I think he will be a nice contributor in our offense.   The timing doesn't hurt either...I think he can hold out for half a season and a playoff run.

Hey...I've seen more miraculous things happen before!

FrighteningPeskyEkaltadeta-size_restrict

17 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

I think this is a perfect description. Be prepared to be ridiculed though.

14 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I agree that Taylor is a top 5 rb - probably top 3, but that stat plot is a little misleading. For one, it takes the run grade of the entire Oline, and we know that the Colts Oline has been hodgepodge all year - but they also have some studs in there. 

Wrong. These stats factor in EPA and other metrics,

@BudsOilers stated, Henry's explosives plays are down and his RYOE numbers are pedestrian. He hasn't really been getting more than whats blocked this year. Sure some of it is OL related but these metrics attempt to address that. Basically Henry hasn't done much above replacement with the considerable volume of carries he's getting. Is he worn down? Possibly. Is he being overused? I think so based on the data.

Henry

RYOE (Rushing Yard over Expected): 11

RYOE per attempt: .05

ROE% (Rushing pct over expected): 37.8%

Taylor

RYOE (Rushing Yard over Expected): 259

RYOE per attempt: 1.9

ROE% (Rushing pct over expected): 44.1

Chubb

RYOE (Rushing Yard over Expected): 116

RYOE per attempt: 1.11

ROE% (Rushing pct over expected): 41

Henry placement

RYOE 22nd

RYOE per attempt 21st

ROE% 30th

2 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

AJB and Lewan aren’t practicing today. RIP.

AJ was full yesterday had not had his weekly day off yet.  Did not practice last Friday either he will play.  Lewan who knows

• Jonboy unpinned this topic