• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the past two drafts, we’ve drafted two different RTs and have yet to actually fill the void left by Conklin. Not a good look. 

Yo what do you think next year's draft is for?!

Sign Isiah Wilson away from the Giants PS.   Robinson, pure genius move. Gets Wilson on the cheap contract!

Posted Images

Just posted this in the other thread as well. 

This is what I'm expecting - Saffold to IR with Radunz coming in at LG. I think Radunz may actually be the longer term replacement there as well. I think he's better on the left side in general. 

A lot of tackles start as guards until they get better, learn assignments, etc. Playing Radunz inside doesn't mean he won't get it.

That said, I never really loved the Radunz pick, and I really really hope he eventually can play RT. Otherwise, I do think it was a bad pick. There were other pure guards we could have grabbed there and at the time we didn't really need a guard. Saffold is someone we need down the stretch. If a few weeks off helps him be there, I'm all for it. I'm just not thrilled with Radunz as his replacement....

22 minutes ago, tgo said:

This is what I'm expecting - Saffold to IR with Radunz coming in at LG. I think Radunz may actually be the longer term replacement there as well. I think he's better on the left side in general. 

Guard is a better fit for him in the NFL.  Would give us 3 young pieces in the middle for the future Radunz, Brewer, Davis.  Would need to figure out the tackle situation going forward.

23 minutes ago, SirLanceALot said:

So the past two drafts, we’ve drafted two different RTs and have yet to actually fill the void left by Conklin. Not a good look. 

For the love of God who cares what spot on the line he plays if he does well. Give the dude a chance before you mock the pick. I would say at the moment I rather him be a good guard because our interior sucks outside Jones who can't stay healthy. Atlest lewan and the other tackles are meh and not giving up instant sacks(outside the Arizona game obviously).

Edit: I went overboard on the tackles arnt that bad stuff but I still think the inside is the biggest problem on the line.

Edited by Callidus
33 minutes ago, tgo said:

Haven't seen him on the left side, but he certainly wouldn't be the first tackle to make that transition to guard and thrive. 

9 minutes ago, Callidus said:

For the love of God who cares what spot on the line he plays if he does well. Give the dude a chance before you mock the pick. I would say at the moment I rather him be a good guard because our interior sucks outside Jones who can't stay healthy. Atlest lewan and the other tackles are meh and not giving up instant sacks(outside the Arizona game obviously).

Edit: I went overboard on the tackles arnt that bad stuff but I still think the inside is the biggest problem on the line.

While I agree with you, the point I’m trying to make is these two guys were drafted to replace Conklin and neither of them have sniffed at the chance to replace him.

Just now, SirLanceALot said:

While I agree with you, the point I’m trying to make is these two guys were drafted to replace Conklin and neither of them have sniffed at the chance to replace him.

We assumed that, but they said from the very beginning that he was versatile and they would play him at guard and tackle.