Gruden Stepping Down as Raiders Coach

AJClown

21 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I know you're white because of your constant white grievance propaganda and you certainly behave like someone with a burning desire to either say the word himself or police black people's speech and inject his unwanted opinion. The majority of this board is white and they are able to communicate on issues of race and culture with some dignity and respect. Maybe try that if you don't want people to assume things about you. You made yourself look really bad in our exchange and I hope you can look back at it and see that. If you can't, have a black friend read our exchange and have them tell you how they think you came off. Maybe actually listening to a black person for a change and respecting what they say to you might help.

Give him a break. He has black friends and he puts bikes together for poor kids at Christmas!

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

😆

Well racists, sexists, and homophobes often get caught saying lots of racist, sexist, and homophobic shit. The rest of us do not because we just don’t have any reason to say racist, sexist, or homopho

Dumbass put it all in email. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Again, giving one race a pass to use the word, is, in fact, racist.

It's just one little thing that is off limits for us white people.  It's frustrating to be restricted by race.

Now imagine if that restriction was something meaningful, like a job or housing.  And then Let.  It.  Go.

19 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Again, giving one race a pass to use the word, is, in fact, racist.

You are literally mad because you are being told not to use a racial word. It just comes down to that. 

I enjoy your white tears. 

56 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

That's a common misconception, that understates the role of FDR's economic changes. The war did play some role; but it was a lesson that massive borrowing and debt like never seen before, *even when just a bit went to jobs and incomes* and it was massively literally just blown up in warplanes, warships, tanks, bombs and bullets, STILL had a great economic benefit, suggesting how much it could help the economy if spent on useful things.

Of course your point on the history of discrimination against blacks is right, I didn't say anything about that, just the clarification on FDR's economic policies versus the war.

FDRs policies helped a lot of people, but it didn't create the middle class. The invention of the car and it's mass production had more impact on the creation of the middle class. This is all taught in the second section of US History in college.

38 minutes ago, pat said:

It's just one little thing that is off limits for us white people.  It's frustrating to be restricted by race.

Now imagine if that restriction was something meaningful, like a job or housing.  And then Let.  It.  Go.

He cant let it go.. because he wants to use it with his white buddies and he is salty that he gets a pushback. 

I'll give you a real reason for black people to stop using the word though. If the word is really as bad as a lot of people claim it is, and I mean really bad, then no one should say it. Not because it constrains others. Not because others feel left out. Not for some weird and selective sense of equality. No one should say it because of the tremendous harm it causes. If the harm isn't that great, then why is it a big deal? If a black person can make it one of their most commonly used words and that brings no harm, then is the word really all that harmful? I'm really not sure where I sit on that argument, honestly, but its the best one I've heard. Saying the word is also not something I really care about either, so I'm not really going to devote time to this. The argument LongTimeBore presented here just makes me roll my eyes though because I've heard it too often from people that just want to be racist and not get pushback for that.

Edited by unauthorizedcinnamon

17 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

FDRs policies helped a lot of people, but it didn't create the middle class. The invention of the car and it's mass production had more impact on the creation of the middle class. This is all taught in the second section of US History in college.

The middle class had its own problems. There were riots (ugly ones) at Ford over wages, and the steel mills that Carnegie owned. Pardon the expression but most of them worked for slave wages and 10 hour days, 6 days a week. Finally the 40 hour work week was established, and unions. 

41 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Guess you need to learn more. FDR didn't entirely create the middle class obviously, but IMO he had the biggest impact on its growth, from numerous policies including WWII spending and GI bills. For example, new houses went from about 144,000 per year to over a million in a few years after the war. 

1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I don't think the mods will get mad at you. Why don't you educate him and spell out BOTH words and explain the cultural difference?  Or just use "er" and "a".

It'll go over his head because he has an agenda. His agenda is that if he can't use the word black people can't either. No amount of logic will help here. Let him think what he wants no matter how divorced from reality his thoughts are.

12 hours ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

He cant let it go.. because he wants to use it with his white buddies and he is salty that he gets a pushback. 

I'll give you a real reason for black people to stop using the word though. If the word is really as bad as a lot of people claim it is, and I mean really bad, then no one should say it. Not because it constrains others. Not because others feel left out. Not for some weird and selective sense of equality. No one should say it because of the tremendous harm it causes. If the harm isn't that great, then why is it a big deal? If a black person can make it one of their most commonly used words and that brings no harm, then is the word really all that harmful? I'm really not sure where I sit on that argument, honestly, but its the best one I've heard. Saying the word is also not something I really care about either, so I'm not really going to devote time to this. The argument LongTimeBore presented here just makes me roll my eyes though because I've heard it too often from people that just want to be racist and not get pushback for that. 

Yeah. There is a legitimate debate to be had over whether the word should be be used at all. It's not universally accepted even among just black people. What people like LTF don't get is that this is a conversation they're not invited to. You don't get to use a word to break multiple generations of a people's soul and then decide they can't use it after they've reclaimed it and taken some of the sting out of it. 

Edited by Mythos27

3 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Maybe we should start a thread. I don't personally believe systemic racism is cause for current black plight, but racism in the past certainly is. We have a poverty problem in America, and a large portion of it is due to racism -- especially withholding educational opportunities and home ownership from previous black generations. Current white Americans get those privileges en masse. That's why we have the middle class. It wasn't even a thing before WW2. Essentially, black people are asked to make it without any of the advantages that white parents can currently pass on to their white kids.

And hell yeah the government owes black people for that. Maybe not enough cigarettes for their families for the rest of their lives, but certainly home ownership and affirmative action in education. 

You do realize that systemic racism is the reason for the disparity in inherited wealth; the number one source of inherited wealth is home equity and you don't have to go back very far to find deliberate preferences against granting people of color access to mortgages.