Vaccine Mandates

Rogue

3 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The downside is the supply chain and its ripple effect across the economy. Once again, I fully agree with the mandates, but there will be consequences.

Nurse, teachers, and cops are essentially service industry jobs at this point. They’re underpaid and have high turnover. When the truckers and the people involved in making the country run start quitting there will be an effect everyone feels. 

Maybe things are different where you are, but out here, those jobs historically don't have high turnover.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The refusal to get vaccinated is the craziest thing I've ever seen. 

Hearing people whine about "medical freedom" is such an utter and complete crock of shit .   Nobody's "freedom" is being taken away.  Nobody's rights are being infringed upon.    Every citiz

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, oldschool said:

bye! hope your families aren't dependent on that paycheck you are giving up for no reason.

Along with the fact that Southwest and American Airlines (both HQ'd in TX) refuse to acknowledge the statewide ban on vaccine mandates. You'd think if it was crippling their entire business they'd do something about it.

The problems showed how small disruptions can snowball as airlines seek to recover from the pandemic. Southwest said the disruptions began with bad weather and air traffic control issues in Florida early in the weekend. But then they continued, leading to more than 2,000 canceled flights that left passengers stranded and seeking help.

Kelly said the problems in Florida hit Southwest particularly hard because about half of its planes go through the state.

"It just put the airline way behind on Friday," Kelly said. "There were no ATC issues over the weekend - that's absolutely true - but I think any industry expert knows that it takes several days if you have that large of an impact on the operation to get the airplanes where they need to be and then to match the crews up with that."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/southwest-ceo-apologizes-airline-begins-214949506.html

1 hour ago, Come on Titans said:

The responses are golden...

Rep. Jim Jordan’s Anti-Vax Tweet Gets Turned Into A Scathing Reminder Of His Past

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jim-jordan-anti-vax_n_616643f9e4b0d3f507c4b28b

a couple of my favs:

image.png.0a3812ff518e81af01fa519edb2dc1ba.png

image.png.461deff19067832183df1a3024bf2311.png

Damn Swalwell! that was cold blooded lol.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:57 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

I for one appreciate what Rogue is saying about this. I don’t think the cancellations are necessarily because of the mandate, but it’s possible a solid percentage are. The supply side is breaking down. It’s having a major ripple effect across the country, so adding extra stress to it is worth a discussion in terms of impact and how it plays out. 

I’m okay with the mandates, but I see no reason why other companies can provide a PCR test and government contractors can’t. That doesn’t make sense to me. 

Appreciate the support.  It does appear this was not about the mandate.  Nevertheless, it does show the potential for disruption.  The pilot union has filed legality, as of now before the deadline.  When the deadline hits and not resolved?  Maybe nothing.  Maybe something.   Who knows?  

I am appreciative of your entertaining the thought.  Seems like most are just "fuck them and deal with it".  I suspect that holds until right until it affects them directly.  

I have had my shot 3 times this year. It's no big deal. People afraid of a little needle prick are fucking pathetic. I had no side effects. Some do and boo hoo. It goes away. If you still plan not to. Do the hospitals a favor. Blow your fucking brains out. Sure the morgues still be full but at least the hospitals can take a break treating your worthless existence.