Kristian Fulton is For Real

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He deserves his own thread. He’s the biggest bright spot so far this season. He’s sticky in coverage AND he makes plays on the ball. (I’ll add that Jackrabbit has been a clear upgrade over Butler in h

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

He deserves his own thread. He’s the biggest bright spot so far this season. He’s sticky in coverage AND he makes plays on the ball. (I’ll add that Jackrabbit has been a clear upgrade over Butler in his down-to-down consistency.) 

It’s getting easier to fantasize about what Fulton and a healthy Farley could look like in 2022. This defense has potential to dramatically improve over the next 2 years without having to bring in more highly paid FAs.

No way has Jenkins been better than Butler was. The pass rush has helped keep Jenkins from being exposed.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

No way has Jenkins been better than Butler was. The pass rush has helped keep Jenkins from being exposed.

So you must have lots of all-22 tape of Jenkins being beat but the QB not throwing it because of the pass rush

1 minute ago, Bongo59 said:

Jenkins was exposed.  Fulton has Metcalf one on one most of the game and pitched a shutout.  Metcalf had elite games week one and week three but not week two.  

Metcalf had something like 5 catches for 60 yards in week 1.  Lockett was the receiver who killed Indy.

5 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

So you must have lots of all-22 tape of Jenkins being beat but the QB not throwing it because of the pass rush

you were saying? He's been targeted 16 times in 3 games and given up 11 completions already. He's getting worked when the pass rush hasn't gotten to the QB.

image.png.9ee97f5ad887e302afed7a4236bcdf9c.png

30 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Jenkins definitely better in off man coverage. 

Butler last year was better in other coverages and in overall disruption. 

Edited by tgo
10 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

I’m referencing PFF because I don’t know what other data source there is for this. What is that data source you used?

According to PFF, Butler was targeted 116 times and allowed 73 catches, for a 63% completion percentage (pretty close % to Jenkins). Per PFF, that was the most targets and receptions allowed by any CB last year. Also, Butler was supposed to be our #1 corner, and he was being targeted like a liability. Jenkins, on the other hand, is clearly the #2 CB on this roster and should be expected to face more targets. Butler was targeted 7.25 times per game, or 2 more targets per game than Jenkins (in this small sample size).

Unfortunately, I can’t see total yards allowed for Butler. But if Jenkins gives up an average of 37 yards/game and 10 yards/reception the rest of the year, I’ll count that as a massive win. 

By the way, I think Butler played better last year than that data indicates. I also think some of his bad outcomes were more a product of mandated soft coverage early in the season. 

That would be a screenshot from Pro Football Reference I believe.