Julio on the sideline: load management, injury, or something else?

NashvilleNinja

15 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

That's probably why Vrabel was pissed. A huge win about a division rival and he has to answer questions about injuries. The questions are fair for the most part but still, I'd be annoyed too. Like damn, let me enjoy this win!

I'm surprised no one started a thread about Vrabel slamming the door, looking to create some message board controversy.

By the way, I saw your response about the game in the Colts/Titans thread about how people who keep bringing up the past as some reason the Colts might win, you mean to tell me that when NWI fumbled you weren't thinking here we go again?  Particularly after the Titans had just seen the Colts drive 8 minutes to open the 3rd quarter.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is such a non issue...

Much ado about nothing    

I’m thinking small injury that made Vrabel be cautious today. 

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, japan said:

I have a hard time believing that Vrabel knew we were going to win it and just shut down the only real receiver we had for the whole second half.  Not like we were up by 21 points or something.  Not getting the whole story here.  He was probably just injured and Vrabel doesn't want to release that.

Only reason I slightly believe it is because of his prior approach to things, IE going conservative and into a shell with a lead and the fact he thinks we can’t lose with DHen as the closer. 

Clearly he's injured. Vrabel has a track record of giving core guys no break during games. Landy, Simmons, Henry, AJB -- they played almost every snap last year when healthy.

No way JJones is being managed for rest in a divisional game when we had offensive injuries already. He's not geriatric -- the dude is 32.

35 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Much ado about nothing

I said load management yesterday was my opinion and most likely the case and some of the busy-bodies here acted like that was impossible. Thanks for posting this. 

Edited by AvgJoe

1 hour ago, earlers said:

I disagree...this is a huge issue. Kawhi Leonard is currently out with an ACL.  Who wants a load management wide receiver?

Julio potentially needing his load managed due to an injury all season could certainly become an issue. If we needed him to finish yesterday's game and he couldn't answer the bell it certainly would've been an issue. However, as I've already said, all indications are that had we needed him, he could've gone in. Because of this, it's a total non-issue right now. What happened yesterday was somewhat similar to sitting some starters in high school once you feel the game is in hand.

27 minutes ago, japan said:

Just seems odd for the decision on load management to come while it was 1 point game against our main division rival when we have games against the Jets and Jags that he can 'load manage.'

Really not what Vrabel said today.  He said JJ felt "tight".  I'd presume his hamstring given the history.  Makes no sense to push it given that, the other injuries at WR, and how the other receivers were being utilized.

• NashvilleNinja changed the title to Julio on the sideline: load management, injury, or something else?
7 hours ago, scine09 said:

How many things have been "non-issues" that posters and/or Paul Kuharsky have tried to make into issues?  I feel like it's a weekly thing.  There's always something for people to complain about, even after a dominating win against a division rival.

Asking a question isn't "making an issue" or "complaining".  Your #1 receiver being on the sideline during a drive toward the end of a game you're "dominating" by 6 points is not a nothing burger. It's peculiar at the very least. Stop acting like it's not.

17 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Asking a question isn't "making an issue" or "complaining".  Your #1 receiver being on the sideline during a drive toward the end of a game you're "dominating" by 6 points is not a nothing burger. It's peculiar at the very least. Stop acting like it's not.

I don’t think internally it’s a big deal.  But much of the stuff we talk about is just message board fodder.