Around the NFL Week 3 Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol at not calling delay of game when the Ravens spent a whole second on 0.

Not the first time the refs decided to completely ignore a key delay of game on the Ravens 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32291777/sources-carolina-panthers-agree-deal-jacksonville-jaguars-cb-cj-henderson

The Carolina Panthers on Monday acquired cornerback CJ Henderson and a fifth-round pick from the Jacksonville Jaguars for tight end Dan Arnold and a third-round pick, the teams announced.

This is crazy.   

Henderson was the #9 overall pick last year and  played only ten games total for the Jags before being traded.   

1 hour ago, nine said:

This is crazy.   

Henderson was the #9 overall pick last year and  played only ten games total for the Jags before being traded.   

I also thought he looked pretty good and at least competitive whenever I watched him. Either he's way worse than I thought or Jacksonville is nuts.

4 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I also thought he looked pretty good and at least competitive whenever I watched him. Either he's way worse than I thought or Jacksonville is nuts.

Could be both and that he should never have been the pick.  But it's funny, they always seem like they have a TON of picks and they always end up blowing them on players that aren't any good.  Or just underachieve.  I don't think they'll be good for a while.

They had a ton of picks this year and ended up blowing some of them already (based on early returns).  And they'll probably blow some of that draft currency next year.

5 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

There were red flags surrounding Henderson leading into the draft and reading Albert Breer's MAQB column there are questions whether he loves football.

• The Panthers’ move to get corner C.J. Henderson is, indeed, an aggressive one. And a big part of why it’s a gamble is figuring out what Henderson mindset is. Much of the issue with Henderson, and trouble in getting him going the last few months, stemmed back to a simple question: How much does he really want to play football? Yes, I know people get upset when a player’s love for the game is questioned, but that was a very real thing for the Jaguars, and is especially vital when you consider how Henderson’s potential as an athlete has outpaced his production as a player. The Jaguars did their best the last two months to try and get the best from Henderson, and now the Panthers will get a swing at the same challenge. And if it works out, they’ll have two corners drafted in the top 10 playing on rookie deals when Jaycee Horn gets back from injury. But the “if” here is indeed a big one.

11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The level of compensation the Jags received is a good indication there wasn't a lot of interest around the NFL for Henderson.

For a corner of his talent level the moon-football issues must be significant for that to be the case. I thought he and Fulton were similarly talented players in coverage with Fulton having better ball skills and being more physical/ a better tackler. Crazy he's fallen this far.

10 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

For a corner of his talent level the moon-football issues must be significant for that to be the case. I thought he and Fulton were similarly talented players in coverage with Fulton having better ball skills and being more physical/ a better tackler. Crazy he's fallen this far.

More and more teams are avoiding "character" issue guys especially when using draft capital is involved.

29 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

More and more teams are avoiding "character" issue guys especially when using draft capital is involved.

Yep.   Teams are starting to figure out  that in this day and age, character issues can derail a career just as quickly as injuries or athletic shortcomings.  

Even the guys who end up being pretty  good players  often wear out their welcome and end up bouncing from team to team every couple years.   Nobody wants to put with their shenanigans.

7 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Probably didn't want to play for a horrible franchise like the Jacksonville Jaguars, which I dont blame him at all.

Edited by unauthorizedcinnamon

• Jonboy unpinned this topic