The Dline is going to feast the rest of the season

TheBukafax

3 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong.

A 30 percent pressure rate for two linemen is a great sign or things to come.

But as others have said, it's also reliant on who you're going against.... Chandler Jones had 5 sacks because he was going against a gimpy shouldn't have been back Lewan.

Who you line up against changes each week

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The pass rush was also very good vs the Cards but they weren't able to rush as much and Murray escaped so much pressure.    The pass rush looks to be legit 

The pressure rate Autry and Simmons got against SEA is astounding. Both hitting around the 30 percent mark.    Looking at the schedule, there is only BUF and KC with legit elusiveness at QB.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

But as others have said, it's also reliant on who you're going against.... Chandler Jones had 5 sacks because he was going against a gimpy shouldn't have been back Lewan.

Who you line up against changes each week

Ofc. That’s why my numeric prediction on sacks was just for the next 3 games.

Overall though, Simmons and Autry are good enough to go toe to toe with any interior. They may not win as often but they will get wins.

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

What did you think of the game this past weekend? Second half defense was money. Ya feel?

It seemed good, but I also don't know how much Seattle adjusted to being on the cusp of a blowout.  I was flying, so catching updates via ESPN rather than watching. 

The thing about pressure, especially interior pressure, is that it can be schemed.  For example, we are facing the Colts this week and regardless of QB, they will run the ball and probably use screens and other quick passing concepts to mitigate any potential interior pass rush.  I think Autry and Simmons will struggle to 'feast' on that, which is the point.   

The game will come down to 3rd downs on defense, our offensive being less predictive on first down, and if our kicker can be moderately dependable...as every game does in the Fisher Vrabel era.

Pass Rush Win Rate through week 2 (ESPN): TB-63% LAC-62% NYJ-60% BUF-58% CLE-56% CAR, LAR, LV, PHI, PIT: 54% ARI-52% TEN, WAS-49% DAL-48% SEA-46% JAX, SF-44% MIA-43% NO-42% NE-41% GB-40% CHI, NYG-39% BAL, DEN-38% ATL-37% CIN, HOU-36% MIN-35% IND-34% DET-31% KC-26%

Tied for 12th. Not world breaking but better than next to last.

Edited by Callidus

Disappointment if they allow a ton of points to the struggling rookie qb's.  They need to get the easy wins before the Bills/Chiefs/Rams (with a Colts game stuck in between) portion of the schedule.

As far the edge guys go, I still find it really difficult to grade/assess Dupree since he may not be 100% yet.

Edited by rns90

5 hours ago, Starkiller said:

The OLB starters are barely coming off the field. Sound familiar?

They are playing well, so Weaver is gonna be buried.

Someone will get nicked up sooner or later and he’ll get a chance to shine (like Krunk just did…..and Molden…did not)

32 minutes ago, Justafan said:

The Titans proved this week they can go toe to toe with anyone though.  

We already knew this based on the last few years. The open question is can they do it consistently against good teams and ultimately in the playoffs. We should also cool it about the defense clearly being better. The were terrible in one game and better in one game. Although they still gave up 30 points in the second game. We need to see more. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

One of the breakdowns I heard said the Titans played a lot of 4-3 with Crunk and Jackson in the OLB positions. They were basically daring the Seahawks to run but the Titans DL was so dominant the Seahawks couldn't run. 

Locked on Titans?