Curious about your thoughts...

CardsDingus

Two weeks in, having played both teams, I'm interested in your impressions.  Do you think:

A. Titans just weren't ready for Week 1 vs. Arizona. 

B. Seattle isn't as good as Arizona, and the results showed. 

C. Some combination thereof

I'd like to think B, as a Cardinal homer, but maybe a little bit of A?   Having watched Dalvin Cook run through our defense for an entire half was unsettling. Nothing against Dalvin Cook- he's a very solid back, but he's not King Henry. 

Just now, CardsDingus said:

Two weeks in, having played both teams, I'm interested in your impressions.  Do you think:

I'd like to think B, as a Cardinal homer, but maybe a little bit of A?   Having watched Dalvin Cook run through our defense for an entire half was unsettling. Nothing against Dalvin Cook- he's a very solid back, but he's not King Henry. 

It doesn't work that way in reality.  It's far too early to tell about AZ, Seattle, or the Titans at this point.  Matchups matter. 

4 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

It doesn't work that way in reality.  It's far too early to tell about AZ, Seattle, or the Titans at this point.  Matchups matter. 

Okay... sound answer. In any event, a sincere thank you for knocking off Seattle.  Feel free to beat LA as well. 

14 minutes ago, CardsDingus said:

Mostly A. 

No way we should have been blown out by the cards. Week one matchups are always weird. 

17 minutes ago, CardsDingus said:

The Titans had a poor training camp.  Lots of players either on the covid list or with minor injuries.  The 1st team OL barely practiced together at all.

Week 3 will tell if this is a good and mature team or not. Emotional comeback win over a good opponent. Now you're facing a team with key injuries and you're expected to win.

The team must come out and command the game early and put it away before the 4th quarter 

I didn't watch the Vikings game but it seemed a bit like the Titans Vikings one last year. I think week 1 the Titans were caught off guard and unprepared for that level of physical play, and I think the Cardinals are a solid team with a big play defense, but not a shutdown defense. The NFC West games are going to be week to week classics.

Cook is a beast of a back. If he could take on the workload Henry does he would be a serious stat sheet monster. Defenders are scared to commit to an angle again him as his agility is insane.

Mostly the first option.

The whole offense hadnt even been on the field together all offseason.

but...

I think that Arizona played us like we dont like to be played.

They stopped the run knowing our coaches were too stubborn to open the pass game up. 

Combination of things.......By way of a terrible pre-season and covid outbreak, we definitely were not ready to start the season and the Cards were. The game situation with AZ jumping out to a big lead made us abandon the game plan early and we couldn't run Henry and your QB showed why he is so hard to defend. Seattle is a good team and so is AZ. We got embarrassed by AZ so we were motivated in Seattle. The success we had at Seattle was behind a patchwork Oline so I'm hopeful for a better showing at home this week against a division rival. Our head to head matchups with Indy will be huge this year. I think your division will be a dogfight this year.

The Titans were flat for a lot of reasons...mostly due to covid and lack of playing together in TC. However, I think AZ is a good team. I would not at all be surprised if they won their division. It all depends on Murray's health, but they have some good players for sure. 

I think ultimately, besides the QB, Arizona is a more talented team than the Seahawks.  Obviously Wilson in theory is better than Murray.  However, granted it's a small sample size, but I was more impressed with Murray than I was with Wilson against the same defense.  Now it's possible that the Titans just did a better job preparing, the Cardinals called better plays, etc.  But if you were to ask me today who will finish higher in the standings I'd say Arizona, if Murray keeps playing like this, which I don't really see why he won't.  When he's healthy he's very difficult to defend against.

The one caveat is coaching.  I think Kliff Kingsbury is one of the worst head coaches in the league.  His clock management is terrible and am not crazy about his style of offense, particularly as it gets later in the season if they have to play in colder weather cities.  I'm not confident that if all else is equal that he can out coach some of the better coaches in football.

In regards to the Seahawks, I think it's gotten stale there and wouldn't be surprised if this is Carroll's last year.  This is his 12th year and sometimes a change is needed.  I think a change would help everyone and reignite Wilson.

Right now, Arizona.  The difference by the end of the season will probably be who has the healthy QB.  If Murray stays healthy, Arizona has a good chance in the playoffs.  I still can't see them beating the Rams.  Petition the NFL to move to the NFC East.  Division tittle.

21 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I think ultimately, besides the QB, Arizona is a more talented team than the Seahawks.  Obviously Wilson in theory is better than Murray.  However, granted it's a small sample size, but I was more impressed with Murray than I was with Wilson against the same defense.  Now it's possible that the Titans just did a better job preparing, the Cardinals called better plays, etc.  But if you were to ask me today who will finish higher in the standings I'd say Arizona, if Murray keeps playing like this, which I don't really see why he won't.  When he's healthy he's very difficult to defend against.

The one caveat is coaching.  I think Kliff Kingsbury is one of the worst head coaches in the league.  His clock management is terrible and am not crazy about his style of offense, particularly as it gets later in the season if they have to play in colder weather cities.  I'm not confident that if all else is equal that he can out coach some of the better coaches in football.

In regards to the Seahawks, I think it's gotten stale there and wouldn't be surprised if this is Carroll's last year.  This is his 12th year and sometimes a change is needed.  I think a change would help everyone and reignite Wilson.

Arizona was only 56/44 run/pass last year and they are at 58/42 so far this year. It was mentioned during the week one broadcast that the Cards run the ball way more than people realize. 

Archived