Week 3 Colts vs Titans Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill was a ridiculous 20/23 264 yards passing on the 6 scoring drives in regulation and if my math is accurate, perfect in the 2nd half on said scoring drives. Basically as usual these idiots hav

As high as the win versus Seattle was, it's relatively meaningless now that they start playing AFC and divisional opponents.  They need to win on Sunday.

We need to completely bury the Colts. Get up early and don't let up.   Defense needs to find a way to get pressure on a gimpy Wentz or Eason. Will certainly be a stark contrast to Kyler and

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TampaTitan said:

At the end of the day these next 3 games are games the Titans need to win if they're going to be taken seriously as a potential SB contender. These are the types of games you never see teams like Kansas City lose. Get the job done. 

If Wentz was healthy I would think the matchup is somewhat close. The guy has a high ankle sprain and a sprain on his other ankle. If the Titans come out giving up a ton of cushion and let him get into a rhythm letting them actually put up points then we deserve to lose. Force him to throw deep and be on the move. 

Hynes is the one guy we need to keep tabs on. 

2 hours ago, TampaTitan said:

At the end of the day these next 3 games are games the Titans need to win if they're going to be taken seriously as a potential SB contender. These are the types of games you never see teams like Kansas City lose. Get the job done. 

I disagree. Winning these games won't make us a superbowl contender. Beating teams like Seattle will. 

3 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If we don’t dominate this game we aren’t really a contender. Wentz is hobbled. Pin the ears back and get after him with the front four. Let the LBs do their job and clean up screens and draw plays. 

Simply not true. The Chiefs lost to the Raiders last year. The 91 Skins who may be the most dominant team ever, lost to a 1-11 Cowboys team that ruined their attempt at a perfect season. The Patriots lost a few games in Miami to poor Dolphins teams.. Good and or great teams lose to inferior teams all the time.

7 hours ago, pat said:

Now I’m watching Rams vs Colts.  Wentz alternates making plays and making mistakes.  It feels like he loses sight of the play and then weird shit happens.

oh and the Rams offense looks great.

After finishing the game I'd add that the Colts special teams played great.  The defense found some plays but was really torn apart by play action most of the game.  Wentz played hard and made some plays, but also looked out of control and was running for his life.

In the Colts I don't see an awesome team, I see a mediocre team that is well coached.  They will show up to play.  Titans need to show up and knock them out.

5 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If Wentz was healthy I would think the matchup is somewhat close. The guy has a high ankle sprain and a sprain on his other ankle. If the Titans come out giving up a ton of cushion and let him get into a rhythm letting them actually put up points then we deserve to lose. Force him to throw deep and be on the move. 

Hynes is the one guy we need to keep tabs on. 

If Evans could turn into anything close to Hynes I would be in heaven.  Hynes is that player who I give props to but hate in the same sense. He has killed us a number of times. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Simply not true. The Chiefs lost to the Raiders last year. The 91 Skins who may be the most dominant team ever, lost to a 1-11 Cowboys team that ruined their attempt at a perfect season. The Patriots lost a few games in Miami to poor Dolphins teams.. Good and or great teams lose to inferior teams all the time.

The Cowboys that year made the playoffs and even won a playoff game.  You're thinking of the 1989 Cowboys who had their only win in Washington.  Not sure how Washington did that year but I don't believe they were a playoff team.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

The Cowboys that year made the playoffs and even won a playoff game.  You're thinking of the 1989 Cowboys who had their only win in Washington.  Not sure how Washington did that year but I don't believe they were a playoff team.

That's right. The Cowboys lost to the Lions in the divisional round. Even so point remains this single game early in the season doesn't have any bearing on whether the Titans are a contender in '21 or not.

1 minute ago, nine said:

In  years past, we've seen numerous games where a supposedly weaker opponent was decimated with injuries and down several starters...and their walking wounded 3rd/4th stringers came to Nashville and put a beat down on a full-strength Titans squad.  

The Colts are a whopping 8-1 in their last nine trips to Nashville....which is absolutely pathetic.   

I don't give a rat's ass about either team's injury situation.   It's time for the Titans to prove they can show up and win a damn game at home.

Exactly.  I'm worried about the Colts, but not because they are so talented.  I'm worried because they are going to bring the heat.

39 minutes ago, nine said:

In  years past, we've seen numerous games where a supposedly weaker opponent came to Nashville decimated with injuries and down several starters...and their walking wounded 3rd/4th stringers put a beat down on a full-strength Titans squad.  

The Colts are a whopping 8-1 in their last nine trips to Nashville....which is absolutely pathetic.   

I don't give a rat's ass about either team's injury situation.   It's time for the Titans to prove they can show up and win a damn game at home.

I don’t understand why people use these stats as some definitive proof for their monsters under the bed feeling. 

Using a stat encompassing 9 years is dumb as fuck. The fuck does a 2013 loss to IND in TEN have to do with being an indicator of this game. Absolutely zero other then to keep you quaking in your panties.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic