Week 3 Colts vs Titans Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

3 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Listening to the PFF NFL podcast, they had really interesting points about Henry being a compete anomaly for RBs. They thrashed the idea that you need to get a running back 20 carries before he gets going before saying this probably actually is the case with Henry. He always eventually breaks one.

they also said it’s fine giving Henry carries when you’re behind as long as you stop the other team on defense

The guy is definitely an analytics buster. 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill was a ridiculous 20/23 264 yards passing on the 6 scoring drives in regulation and if my math is accurate, perfect in the 2nd half on said scoring drives. Basically as usual these idiots hav

As high as the win versus Seattle was, it's relatively meaningless now that they start playing AFC and divisional opponents.  They need to win on Sunday.

We need to completely bury the Colts. Get up early and don't let up.   Defense needs to find a way to get pressure on a gimpy Wentz or Eason. Will certainly be a stark contrast to Kyler and

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I think Nate Davis and Ben Jones have had disappointing starts to the season. Davis especially. Brewer has also been a disaster in limited snaps

Jones has been ok but Davis has had some horrific missed assignments that almost got Tannehill killed.

There were many of us here that were pointing out pre-draft that age/injury was going to be a major concern regarding the IOL this year.

6 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Without that big 60+ yard run his YPC for that game would've been 3.5.  And btw, in that first half he had 13 carries for 35 yards (2.7) ypc. That's dog shit by anyone's standards. Not a single carry netted more than 8 yards. How about you take your own advice. 

4+ yards is considered a positive run. Even so I included the 3rd quarter runs by mistake. 13 for 35 in 1st half. Not great but the average was skewed by a few runs of no gain and one for-2. 

Edited by oldschool

22 minutes ago, oldschool said:

4+ yards is considered a positive run. Even so I included the 3rd quarter runs by mistake. 13 for 35 in 1st half. Not great but the average was skewed by a few runs of no gain and one for-2. 

Oldschool, 2. anything yards per carry is trash. You know this. The running game wasn't effective until Henry went off for 60 yards. Your whole thing this week has been that Tannehill kept us in the game and until Henry did his thing and I agree with you. So why are you disagreeing that the running game was ineffective in the first half (and honestly for most of the game)? 

2 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I think Nate Davis and Ben Jones have had disappointing starts to the season. Davis especially. Brewer has also been a disaster in limited snaps

Agree, Davis has been really bad this year. Wonder if there are some lingering effects from Covid. Brewer is decent, but physically limited with really short arms. I really worry if he plays this week against Buckner. 

The Titans moved the ball all game long with a good mix of run and pass.  Sure, the 60 yard run skews the running stats and obviously was a huge play getting them back within one score.  But they had already started running it well prior to that as Seattle adjusted the defense because of the crossers that were killing them with Jones.

If the Titans don't bog down in the RZ 3 times and miss a FG, they could have had 40 plus points.

2 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The Titans moved the ball all game long with a good mix of run and pass.  Sure, the 60 yard run skews the running stats and obviously was a huge play getting them back within one score.  But they had already started running it well prior to that as Seattle adjusted the defense because of the crossers that were killing them with Jones.

If the Titans don't bog down in the RZ 3 times and miss a FG, they could have had 40 plus points.

The Titans dominated the game from the 2nd quarter on and wore down the Seahawks. 

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Oldschool, 2. anything yards per carry is trash. You know this. The running game wasn't effective until Henry went off for 60 yards. Your whole thing this week has been that Tannehill kept us in the game and until Henry did his thing and I agree with you. So why are you disagreeing that the running game was ineffective in the first half (and honestly for most of the game)? 

I was looking at a modified data set of henry runs on the scoring drives. my bad. However its still not accurate that Henry wasn't rushing the ball well until the 60 yard run. They had a bad 1st quarter but from the 2nd quarter on the run game was pretty good. see below.

Derrick runs by quarter

1st

1/5 success rate

2nd

5/9 success rate

3rd

5/8 success rate
9 TD

4th

7/10 success rate
60 TD
1 TD

OT

4/6 success rate

Edited by oldschool

5 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Wonder if it is COVID related?  My brother had a breakthrough case and like them had a few days of symptoms but did not feel like himself until a month later.  I do think the performance against the Cardinals had a lot to do with missing time due to COVID 

I think TN OL went from a possible strength to a big weakness fast.  Lewan performance cost them week one.  

The fact that Henry got 2K with this group is astounding.  They need to draft a ton of OL next yr.  I'd be OK with them signing some OL to help Henry.  

You give this RB a real OL right now and I think the conversation is him and Jim Brown.  That is how good Henry is. 

16 minutes ago, SkipPayless said:

Joe Biden said you cant get Covid if Vaccinated so how was there a breakthrough case? Also, link since I know you all like sources. Also, instead of attacking me I would like a response to my question since the President of the United States said you cant get Covid if vaxxed. Thanks!

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-joe-biden-spread-misinformation-covid-vaccines-1612181

Well Biden is well known for his gaffes. He was basically fine until he said "you won't get covid". I get what he was trying to say given that breakthrough infections are pretty rare but he needs to be more careful/accurate with his words as President. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic