Giving Vrabel a break for a sec, has a GM ever had a worse Opening Day then JRob?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The idea Dupree would be fine after tearing his ACL in December always made zero sense to me.

1-Bud Dupree, our huge FA get, exploded for a half a tackle. Check my history, I knew this was a terrible signing   2-Denico Autry-also a half a tackle.    3-Jack Rabbit-destroyed

Is this a Rasskass thread?

2 hours ago, tgo said:

They need David Long back for third down in a bad way. 

Honestly Evans needs to just be benched if he doesn't improve in short order. 

Id be curious how often they blitzed him, pro football reference should have those stats by today or tomorrow. In a way that’s almost been my biggest problem with him besides, you know, looking like an actual LBer. There were games last year he was sent after the QB 8-10 times, albeit not many. And he did NOTHING. He was such a good blitzer in college that I figured at minimum that would translate. 

It seems like young LBers are having a lot of trouble around the league lately though. It used to be a position where the good ones stood out from Day 1 but not anymore. Then again it feels like far less rookies are real impact players in general. I don’t know if this is the college schemes or the greatly reduced pro workload in the off-season or what. 

3 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

@TaylorLewan77

said he’s feeling good. Can’t wait to return to full go in practices. Said Week 1 isn’t going to be a problem.

@Titans

Tanne looked fine. Hit all his passes, even though many couldn't catch them. Accuracy was great. He was just overwhelmed. 

I thought Tannehill's arm looked pretty weak

Expectations were sky high and we totally flopped. It was embarrassing as a fan. Can't imagine what was going through JRob's head.

Edited by freakingeek

We need more sample size and we're getting that sample each week, but the Titans defense under Vrabel is beginning to seem like every player miraculously gets worse when they play here and then miraculously gets better when they play anywhere else. Is that really the GM? At some point you have to acknowledge that every single player on defense has declined in this system. 

5 minutes ago, Downtown said:

We need more sample size and we're getting that sample each week, but the Titans defense under Vrabel is beginning to seem like every player miraculously gets worse when they play here and then miraculously gets better when they play anywhere else. Is that really the GM? At some point you have to acknowledge that every single player on defense has declined in this system. 

Robinson is the one who hired VrabeL so yes he gets the blame in his hiring process.

2 hours ago, Downtown said:

Clowney has been playing well for Cleveland. We'll get a king sized sample at Seattle.

Edited by freakingeek
2 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Long isn’t good either. That position is a concern, I don’t think the Titans have a starting caliber ILB on the roster

Long, Brown…Rice coming up.

All capable,  not studs or pro bowlers, no.  Those are rare finds in the draft.

This defense desperately needs a true stud/pro bowl center piece.

We may have one in Simmons, but not sure.

We just don’t have a game changer that offenses have to plan for and that we can rely on to make that “difference”.

Dupree isn't himself, for sure, but as others have noted, that's not a surprise. I think we were also playing a bit of contain on Murray, which limits what a pass rusher can do. You can't lose contain on that guy, or he'll eat you all day. What bothers me is that we don't have anyone to help Dupree while he's getting back on his feet. Landry should be better...he needs to be like ONE step faster.

On 9/16/2021 at 3:06 AM, IrishTitansFan said:

Long isn’t good either. That position is a concern, I don’t think the Titans have a starting caliber ILB on the roster

It would help if Jayon Brown could consistently play well. He was so good in 2018 & he’s just completely fallen off since. He’s certainly not bad, but he just hasn’t played nearly as well as  he did in 2018, where he was basically a stud every week.