5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I feel you on that.  

The Titans are having issues getting quality players at every position.  They are now picking later because they have a few players making big bucks.  Happens.  I want to beat every team we face, but we gotta face the facts about who the team has at all the positions.  The OL.  The secondary.  The big $$$ FA who looked like an average Joe, i.e. didn't do shit. 

Throwing the ball more when you have a RB like Henry who needs to get a certain amount of carries might not be the way to improve winning against the teams stacked with better starters.  Just like me complaining about the CB playing so far off the ball.  It's probably because the staff knows they would get beat like drums if they played tight coverage.

In the end, I am just another Homer watching the games.  I do not know everything.

We're not even saying we want the Titans to throw more or run less. We're saying run less on first down. If a team runs the ball 30 times in a game and 19 of those runs are on first down while only 11 are on 2nd down, you're not asking them to run less if you suggest they run 15 times on first and 15 times on second. It's still the same 30 rushes but you've made your offense less predictable by balancing WHEN you run. You get me?

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ironically, the worst thing that happened to them was winning the two playoff games running Henry 30 sometimes a game where he had monster games. And while that will work at times and especially again

If you go back to last year and look at the decent teams the Titans have played they have been outcoached and blown off the field.    Their last 4 games against quality teams were the Browns

You started a thread to extend him just recently. You keep trying to have a foot on both sides of that fence and you're gonna hurt yourself.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I wonder what we'd be like if we had hired LaFleur as the head coach. I'm thinking better!

Reich should have been our HC.

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

They don't lose every game but when they lose its to good teams. Beating up on bums does nothing for us when it's the good teams we have to beat to meet our goals.

We didn't beat upon bums....we squeaked out wins against the shittiest teams in the league.  

It's still the same 30 rushes but you've made your offense less predictable by balancing WHEN you run. You get me?

I get you.  Do the Titans think they will be more successful a different way?  Do you give them enough credit to know and understand what you are saying?  

Fun question.  If teams think the Titans are idiot enough to run too often, does it help their production when they throw the ball?

5 hours ago, Number9 said:

I get you.  Do the Titans think they will be more successful a different way?  Do you give them enough credit to know and understand what you are saying?  

Fun question.  If teams think the Titans are idiot enough to run too often, does it help their production when they throw the ball?

Did it help on Sunday? That's your answer. No it's not helping because again, when we do attempt to pass it's usually in OBVIOUS passing situations. In short, we're running when the know we'll run and thus being forced to pass when they know we'll pass. There is no advantage to be found. 

At this point it doesn't really matter what the staff knows because they're either too stupid to understand this (which is horrifying) OR they get it but are too stubborn/arrogant to try anything other than winning "their way" (equally horrifying).

Did it help on Sunday? That's your answer. No it's not helping because again, when we do attempt to pass it's usually in OBVIOUS passing situations. In short, we're running when the know we'll run and thus being forced to pass when they know we'll pass. There is no advantage to be found. 

At this point it doesn't really matter what the staff knows because they're either too stupid to understand this (which is horrifying) OR they get it but are too stubborn/arrogant to try anything other than winning "their way" (equally horrifying).

Which leads to the obvious conclusion that what Tannehill has done the past two years is even more impressive as the team puts him in bad spots consistently.

23 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Which leads to the obvious conclusion that what Tannehill has done the past two years is even more impressive as the team puts him in bad spots consistently.

I wouldn’t call league high PA “bad spots consistently”

1 minute ago, tgo said:

I wouldn’t call league high PA “bad spots consistently”

He's saying that because many came in obvious passing situations rather than conflicted downs. From the moment he took over it became really apparent that he was forced to complete an inordinate amount of tight-window throws for us to be successful on offense. Many of us noted that REALLY early on. 

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

He's saying that because many came in obvious passing situations rather than conflicted downs. From the moment he took over it became really apparent that he was forced to complete an inordinate amount of tight-window throws for us to be successful on offense. Many of us noted that REALLY early on. 

Yeah I think we’re forgetting that the Titans have had a top tier offense since Tannehill took over for a reason though. 

And overall the biggest reason Tannehill has had more success here vs various offenses in Miami is that he has a run game to lean on and has often been in favorable situations overall, even if what you guys are outlining has happened from time to time. 

Tannehill has a real blind spot to blind side pressure and gets strip sacked whenever the LT gets beat. That’s his single biggest weakness as a passer. Whatever needs to be done to mitigate this I’m all for, including more favorable 3rd down situations. We need to run more screens and slants, this OL cannot hold up in a traditional drop back game, esp in third and long. 

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah I think we’re forgetting that the Titans have had a top tier offense since Tannehill took over for a reason though. 

And overall the biggest reason Tannehill has had more success here vs various offenses in Miami is that he has a run game to lean on and has often been in favorable situations overall, even if what you guys are outlining has happened from time to time. 

Tannehill has a real blind spot to blind side pressure and gets strip sacked whenever the LT gets beat. That’s his single biggest weakness as a passer. Whatever needs to be done to mitigate this I’m all for, including more favorable 3rd down situations. We need to run more screens and slants, this OL cannot hold up in a traditional drop back game, esp in third and long. 

What QB who doesn't stand in the pocket to give his WRs a chance to get open doesn't have a blind spot for blindside pressure? Its called the blind side for a reason. Tannehill biggest flaw is maybe holding onto the ball a little bit longer than he should but doing so also allows him to hang in and make big plays down field. I'll take that weakness over many others.

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

What QB who doesn't stand in the pocket to give his WRs a chance to get open doesn't have a blind spot for blindside pressure? Its called the blind side for a reason. Tannehill biggest flaw is maybe holding onto the ball a little bit longer than he should but doing so also allows him to hang in and make big plays down field. I'll take that weakness over many others.

Yes but this OL is a run OL, it’s built for the zone run not for the pass game - so the scheme has to mitigate this inherently. And I’m not disparaging Tannehill at all - I’m a Tannehill guy. I’m just saying if that LT gets beat (which is going to happen with a hobbled Lewan), and Tannehill is back there looking down field - odds are it’s going to be a strip. 

Which makes it even more important to have favorable down and distance. 

Edited by tgo
9 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yes but this OL is a run OL, it’s built for the zone run not for the pass game - so the scheme has to mitigate this inherently. And I’m not disparaging Tannehill at all - I’m a Tannehill guy. I’m just saying if that LT gets beat (which is going to happen with a hobbled Lewan), and Tannehill is back there looking down field - odds are it’s going to be a strip. 

Which makes it even more important to have favorable down and distance. 

True. I actually think Jrob has ignored pass protection a little to much in effort to put together a dominant run blocking OL. 

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

True. I actually think Jrob has ignored pass protection a little to much in effort to put together a dominant run blocking OL. 

I think ideally, you’d want a more balanced line for sure personnel wise. But hey he wanted that 2k rusher and got it haha. 

I bet if he had a generational QB who was seasoned a few years, he’d build differently though. Tannehill is a top 10 guy of course, maybe top 7, but he’s not at that next level. 

Edited by tgo
4 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think ideally, you’d want a more balanced line for sure personnel wise. But hey he wanted that 2k rusher and got it haha. 

I bet if he had a generational QB who was seasoned a few years, he’d build differently though. Tannehill is a top 10 guy of course, maybe top 7, but he’s not at that next level. 

Top 7 for sure based on the last 2 years of play when compared to his counterparts. Of course many want to give credit to Henry and Smith for Tannehill's play but its the other way around. I don't think you need to have a generational QB to put a little more focus on the pass blocking than what jrob has done either. 

39 minutes ago, tgo said:

Tannehill definitely needs to be a little more lively in the pocket. He's gets to his drop and then his feet just completely stop. He doesn't need to be like Murray or Wilson but there were some opportunities for him to at least climb into the pocket and buy himself an extra second or two and he either didn't do it at all or tried too late.