Scary thought on Vrabel

OILERMAN

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ironically, the worst thing that happened to them was winning the two playoff games running Henry 30 sometimes a game where he had monster games. And while that will work at times and especially again

If you go back to last year and look at the decent teams the Titans have played they have been outcoached and blown off the field.    Their last 4 games against quality teams were the Browns

Seems to be a common theme with this franchise.  Fisher, Munch, Whiz, Mularkey, and now Vrabel.  It's the same car they just keep changing the license plate.

Posted Images

We, have never been a team that’s attacked another teams weakness not once. Teams see were missing starters in the secondary they attack us to no end, and take advantage. The cardinals were missing key guys in their secondary and what does Vrabel chose to do? Run the fucking ball into stacked fronts play right into the cardinals hands just like last years playoff loss to the Ravens. This isn’t a it’s only week 1 post, this is a 4 year deal and sooner or later more and more people are gonna wake up smell the shit that’s left on their doorstep. 

Vrabel is a smug piece of shit and you know what Paul K has a right to go after  him, he does have that I’m the smartest guy in the room personality and is so big headed that he tries to control every aspect to the team, instead of letting his coaches coach. 

Btw, Julio Jones and AJ Brown are completely escaping criticism and they shouldn't. Those Arizona CBs are nobodies and they still locked Julio and AJ completely down. A part of why Tannehill had to hold the ball sometimes is that neither of them were open. Multiple times, he had to cycle all the way to his third read because our two main guys were covered. It looked just like the Green Bay game last year. If our two studs can't consistently win those matchups we're in trouble.

Just now, Mythos27 said:

Btw, Julio Jones and AJ Brown are completely escaping criticism and they shouldn't. Those Arizona CBs are nobodies and they still locked Julio and AJ completely down. A part of why Tannehill had to hold the ball sometimes is that neither of them were open.

Jones had an awful game just by the drops. 

But I also put this in the same category as the OL. 

You have to put them in a favorable position. Going to back to the same theme, throw the ball on run downs when the defense is playing runs. 4 of the Titans first 5 drives started with  failed runs. The offense is immediately in a bad spot. 

When you get down 17-0, then 24-6 the opposing defense is at a huge advantage. Especially a defense like the Cards who go after the QB so well. 

The WRs will be fine 

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Jones had an awful game just by the drops. 

But I also put this in the same category as the OL. 

You have to put them in a favorable position. Going to back to the same theme, throw the ball on run downs when the defense is playing runs. 4 of the Titans first 5 drives started with  failed runs. The offense is immediately in a bad spot. 

When you get down 17-0, then 24-6 the opposing defense is at a huge advantage. Especially a defense like the Cards who go after the QB so well. 

The WRs will be fine 

I'm sure they will be fine but they weren't yesterday. The way we'll talk about AJ and Julio they shouldn't have to be put in "favorable situations". These are good that I expect to win way more match ups than they lose against young corners that aren't even notable. They are supposed to be our go to when we're struggling. It's not "pick your poison" if you can just shut down Henry and then the receivers can't get open. 

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

I'm sure they will be fine but they weren't yesterday. The way we'll talk about AJ and Julio they shouldn't have to be put in "favorable situations". These are good that I expect to win way more match ups than they lose against young corners that aren't even notable.

I'd say Tannehill being under constant duress was a way bigger problem than the WRs getting open.

Bit either way the whole thing was a shit show

The starters played essentially zero time together all preseason and came out rusty.  The offensive line and the QB/WRs were not in synch at all.

Meanwhile, a healthy Murray came out and had a special day.  He was making good players miss and dropping dimes.  Hopkins was at his best.  JJ Watt and Chandler Jones were dominant upfront.  Jones had an historical performance.

Sometimes the other guys just have a great day and make plays.  It's game one.  I'm not panicked yet.  This is still a good team and they have a lot of time to get it together.  Still an embarrassing loss and a terrible way to start the season, especially with a huge home crowd that was a stoked as I can remember in almost two decades.  

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd say Tannehill being under constant duress was a way bigger problem than the WRs getting open.

This.  The WR's were fine.  Brown and Tannehill both played pretty well given the circumstances.  

Just now, OILERMAN said:

I agree but, I also think that them getting open faster/more often would've bailed him out on a lot of those plays. There were a few I remember where protection actually held up and Tannehill had to hold the ball because no one got open. I'll wait to see the all-22 before I'm not definitive.

I have seen all the "walk the ladder" video from this WR group I care to see. Yesterday was nice kick in the balls and shows you have to put in the work.  Really sad seeing how much Arz. depended on their first two draft picks and ours are riding the pine.  Less late In the game when it was all said and done.  I fully expect a 2020 Buffalo-esk effort this week vs Seattle.

6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Seeing a lot of its only week 1 comments which is obviously true but you can also make an argument it isn't just 1 game as all the flaws that continue to pop up during the Vrabel tenure reared their ugly heads again today.

Really is frustrating watching a coaching staff that is unwilling to attack the deficiencies of opposition defenses.

When the Titans are playing their best they pass to set up the lead and then run to close out the game, have said it plenty of times over the last couple of years Vrabel is going to need to be fired and humbled to finally realize his arrogance/stubbornness is getting in the way of him being a really good coach.

I’m beginning to think it’s the organization as well. Outside of Whisenhunt every single coach since the team moved from Houston has had a run heavy mindset and are completely inflexible about it.

Munchak wouldn’t fire his guys to keep his job. Mularkey wouldnt’t, either. Vrabel promoted Bowen after the disaster that was last seasons defense.

Will it work out for us? Maybe. But this track record of hiring coaches who are reluctant to adapt their schemes is concerning to me. 

Edited by Vintagerobots

1 hour ago, Stan said:

We, have never been a team that’s attacked another teams weakness not once. Teams see were missing starters in the secondary they attack us to no end, and take advantage. The cardinals were missing key guys in their secondary and what does Vrabel chose to do? Run the fucking ball into stacked fronts play right into the cardinals hands just like last years playoff loss to the Ravens. This isn’t a it’s only week 1 post, this is a 4 year deal and sooner or later more and more people are gonna wake up smell the shit that’s left on their doorstep. 

What the fuck is the world coming to when @Stan and I are aligned on a football point? I warned you guys when Vrabel was hired and I was vocal after the New England playoff win that he showed he was too conservative on offense. He truly thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and acts like BB. Well BB was a world class DC before he became a world class HC. Vrabel ain't BB no matter what he thinks.