Holyfield Fight 9-11-21

4 hours ago, abenjami said:

Did anyone else watch this?  Most pathetic fight ever.

Yes, dude is going to be 59 next month. WTF is this guy allowed in the ring anyway?

And it was an MMA guy or something that knocked him out in the 1st round. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Yes, dude is going to be 59 next month. WTF is this guy allowed in the ring anyway?

And it was an MMA guy or something that knocked him out in the 1st round. 

Yeah, it was an MMA guy.  He was originally supposed to fight De La Hoya.  Then DLH got Covid pretty bad and had to cancel.  So Holyfield said he would fight.

I loved the strategy he used.  Throw one wild prayer of a haymaker.  If it doesn't land, just cover up, let the ref call the fight, and cash your check.

31 minutes ago, abenjami said:

The haymaker was awesome though.  Missed so bad he fell into the ropes.  LOL

This was going to be my response. Even his punches were embarrassing. 

Holyfield was embarrassing himself when he was still actually fighting. He only won 8 of his last 18 fights

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

This was going to be my response. Even his punches were embarrassing. 

Holyfield was embarrassing himself when he was still actually fighting. He only won 8 of his last 18 fights

I have a good friend who has always been a huge boxing buff.  He knows more about boxing than anyone I have ever come across by a long shot.

I hung out with him yesterday morning.  He said he honestly believed there was a significant chance Holyfield would die in the ring last night and he was serious.

5 hours ago, abenjami said:

He said he honestly believed there was a significant chance Holyfield would die in the ring last night and he was serious.

The fact it was actually allowed to happen is pretty bad. 

2 hours ago, rns90 said:

Does Holyfield need money that bad that he still needs to "box"?

I don't know for sure but I would bet on probably given the propensity of athletes to blow millions on nothing and be broke.  LOL

Yes Holyfield famously went broke

He had a massive mansion with two bowling alleys that he was laughed at for.

He was also paying child support on something like 11 kids

Where did $312 million go? Boxing champ Evander Holyfield on his lost fortune

Now, 57-year-old former champ Evander Holyfield lives in a two-bedroom apartment and admits the vast majority of those millions are gone since his final professional bout in 2011.

Holyfield was evicted from his 109-room Atlanta mansion, owing US$14m in mortgage repayments. 

Other failed business ventures included a record label which cost Holyfield $3.1 million, a restaurant business which cost over $10m

Holyfield has 11 children with six different women, and provides ongoing financial support to them, news.com.au reported.

8 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

Meanwhile Tyson is doing great. In fact, better than ever. Who expected that turn of events? 

Better than ever?  He looked terrible in that comedy of a "fight" with Roy Jones Jr.