Week 1 Game Thread: Arizona @ Tennessee

tgo

Just now, scine09 said:

Obviously I have no idea who was open but maybe he held the ball a little too long on some of the sacks?

His accuracy also seemed to suffer based on the pressure.

Do I think they have won this game if Mahomes was playing?  Of course not.  But he could have been better.

Dude. Blindside sacks right off the snap. Nothing any QB can do about that and once they start getting hit, accuracy will suffer. Don't forget Jones dropped 4 balls as well. The offense didn't help Tannehill at all today. He's at the bottom of the top 5 tier wise for a reason. He's not Mahomes or Rodgers from an escapability standpoint.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Vrabel is willing to use a fake punt inside his own half but isn't willing to go for it on 4th and 1 when down 18 completely head scratching.

I really don't get how you ask a kicker signed 3 days ago who sucks to make a 45+ FG right before the half. It was 4th and 1. The Titans could have run nearly anything and got the 1st down. Vrabel is

What a gutless fucking call with a shoddy kicker.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Dude. Blindside sacks right off the snap. Nothing any QB can do about that and once they start getting hit, accuracy will suffer. Don't forget Jones dropped 4 balls as well. The offense didn't help Tannehill at all today. He's at the bottom of the top 5 tier wise for a reason. He's not Mahomes or Rodgers from an escapability standpoint.

That is the result of a low talent, low IQ tight ends coach

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

On some of those plays there was nothing he could have done.  I agree with you.  And Julio Jones played like garbage.  Obviously Tannehill was not among the biggest reasons that they got blown out.  

Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

Man, you guys are showing your asses today. 

Mahomes is the best QB on the planet. Comparing him and Tannehill is fucking dumb. 

Yet ppl in this very board were comparing their stats as if they meant anything.

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

5 blindside sacks and multiple other hits while being forced to pass on 3rd and long over and over. What was he supposed to do. He did what he could.

fwiw, no flag films guy initial assessment said Tanny was okay, but dinged him on his pocket presence. Personally that seems like a tough one to judge, because in part you want the QB to not be too reactive to pressure and keep looking downfield. Not easy to sort that out.

“We got hit in the mouth.” Now it’s about how we respond, D Henry.  NO D Henry you got hit in the mouth and went down on first contact every play. Why do you lift weights? You sad excuse for a man was stopped by small CBs on every play. I bet $100 I could tackle you in the open field without breaking a sweat. Probably don't even need pads to tackle your soft candy butt....

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

On some of those plays there was nothing he could have done.  I agree with you.  And Julio Jones played like garbage.  Obviously Tannehill was not among the biggest reasons that they got blown out.  

I get the QB gets all the credit and all the blame for most things. it's crazy to me anyone could think today was on Tannehill though. He had no time to throw on a vast majority of plays and still managed to move the ball when given a chance to get into rhythm buy the OL.

I believe this will be the best thing to happen to this team.  They will get better from this.  Kind of over any time they lose, wanting everyone fired.  Did not help they basically lost two weeks because the HC and QB had COVID- those are the two most important people in an organization.  Colts also lost so Titans lost nothing in battle for division, Bills lost as well.  The Titans were god awful for so long, I won’t forget that.  They will be fine, I think this will end up being a blessing in disguise.  They have a good HC, good leaders on this team

1 minute ago, begooode said:

… by selling your tickets and bitch ranting

Derrick Henry said that....because he had no yards after contact and ran like a little flower girl. Clearly lifting weights makes you weaker when your tackled by one guy every time you touch the ball. Dude has no desire to fight for yards and goes down on first contact. Any RB in the league is better

3 minutes ago, razor247 said:

“We got hit in the mouth.” Now it’s about how we respond, D Henry.  NO D Henry you got hit in the mouth and went down on first contact every play. Why do you lift weights? You sad excuse for a man was stopped by small CBs on every play. I bet $100 I could tackle you in the open field without breaking a sweat. Probably don't even need pads to tackle your soft candy butt....

This guy is on edge right here. Holy shit LOL

5 minutes ago, begooode said:

fwiw, no flag films guy initial assessment said Tanny was okay, but dinged him on his pocket presence. Personally that seems like a tough one to judge, because in part you want the QB to not be too reactive to pressure and keep looking downfield. Not easy to sort that out.

Even the greatest QBs of all time get rattled and have their clock sped up when they are hit as much as Tannehill was today. That's not a knock, it's literally the only way to defend good QBs. Could Tannehill have been better? Absolutely. He's way down the list of reasons why the team lost. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic