titanskick8851

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Username checks out?

There were some Jets beat writers that thought Corey Levin outperformed Dan Feeney during Jets camp/preseason so at the very least it sounds like Levin was looking ok before the Jets cut him.

Depth secured. Made too much sense not to happen at this point.

On 9/1/2021 at 11:40 AM, cshumak2 said:

Don't they have to keep waiver claims X number of weeks before they cut them?  

On 9/1/2021 at 11:42 AM, Starkiller said:

Yes. But the good news with Levin is that if they do dump him later his contract won’t be guaranteed.

I believe it's a matter of having to pay them, regardless of how long they keep them; believe it's 3 weeks before game 10 and the rest of the year after.

20 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

I’d assume Levin ends up back on the Practice Squad if he makes it through waivers.

Could be. If so, maybe at the expense of Jordan Roos or Derwin Gray. 

But maybe he will be on the “unofficial veteran practice squad” with John Simon, Luke Stocker, Gost, Batesy, etc. 

On 9/6/2021 at 7:06 PM, titanskick8851 said:

I’d assume Levin ends up back on the Practice Squad if he makes it through waivers.

Not only did he make it back to the PS, he was one of the 4 they protected this week; whether this has to do with Jones's health or long term plans as far as Levin is considered is still up in the air. 

Edited by No1TitansFan

10 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

Not only did he make it back to the PS, he was one of the 4 they protected this week; whether this has to do with Jones's health or long term plans as far as Levin is considered is still up in the air. 

Seems like decent depth as a minimum. I was surprised by the cut.

6 minutes ago, begooode said:

I'm surprised that every team feels their OLine talent through the 9-10th guy is sufficiently better than Levin.

Me too. In fairness I have seen nothing in person. All I have to go by is reputation.