7 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Keyshawn Johnson was still doing this a couple of weeks ago

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I sure as hell don't recall the national media making fun of the Titans for taking Tannehill over Newton.  I remember a bunch of "5/8/10 teams that might sign Newton" stuff that all said the same thing ("Newton's dual threat abilities blah blah blah") but I don't remember anyone making fun of the team for not signing him.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cam has avoided the vaccine like he did that fumble in the Super Bowl…

I never understood why the Patriots signed him this offseason in the first place.  He was terrible last year.

Keyshawn Johnson was still doing this a couple of weeks ago    

3 minutes ago, The Toddster said:

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I sure as hell don't recall the national media making fun of the Titans for taking Tannehill over Newton.  I remember a bunch of "5/8/10 teams that might sign Newton" stuff that all said the same thing ("Newton's dual threat abilities blah blah blah") but I don't remember anyone making fun of the team for not signing him.

This was Johnson's list from only two weeks ago he had Newton ranked higher than Tannehill and he has previously said he wouldn't of signed Tannehill over Newton.

7 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You clearly don't follow the NFL if you're surprised (yes I know you said not a big surprise) Cam doesn't have trade value and you think the greatest coach of all time wants to waste his time reaching out to everyone to convince them to pay him for a washed up, never great throwing QB who is a diva and now a bigger distraction with covid. SHOCKING he wasn't traded!!

You clearly don't follow the NFL if you are surprised. Statistically, he's a mediocre thrower who cannot run like he used to. It is not a normal situation, since there is a 1st round pick who is doing all the right things. It was probably the plan to let Jones play clipboard operator for a couple of games but clearly, the Patriots are of the opinion that Jones is ready now.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This was Johnson's list from only two weeks ago he had Newton ranked higher than Tannehill and he has previously said he wouldn't of signed Tannehill over Newton.

OK, but that's just a guy doing a dumb job of ranking.  I'm talking about Mike's tweet where he said that multiple national guys were ridiculing the Titans for paying Tannehill instead of taking Newton.  It sounds like revisionist homer nonsense.

Just now, The Toddster said:

OK, but that's just a guy doing a dumb job of ranking.  I'm talking about Mike's tweet where he said that multiple national guys were ridiculing the Titans for paying Tannehill instead of taking Newton.  It sounds like revisionist homer nonsense.

At the time he signed the contract extension there were quite a few media members around the NFL that not only questioned whether Tannehill deserved the money but presented other options such as Newton as a better value option. 

The only people surprised are either those who are delusional about what Newton is now or haven't watched him.

His MVP days are long gone. He's not the same player. I'm not surprised he got cut. It wouldn't surprise me if BB was intending to start Jones all along, but he's oldschool and wants to make the rookies earn their spots. Mac Jones showed enough to move on from Cam. This is a no-brainer move to me. 

3 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

They literally used him as a QB/RB, no athlete who trains as a QB can take that beating long term, most RBs who train for it can't take it either.

Ravens should be weary about a huge deal for LaMar. He's taken an even bigger beating than Cam and is 30 lbs lighter. Small compared to Cam. In the end, Cam's run was about 6-7 seasons before he started to break down.

If I was a gm in the NFL I would have never even considered signing cam after that bitch move in the Superbowl. If he was on my team regardless of dead cap I would have cut him. I have never seen a more pathetic moment in sports. It's the Superbowl you get on that fucking ball.