53 Man Roster Cuts/10 Players on Reserve/COVID-19 list List UPDATE: Banwart Not Cut, Instead added to Reserve/COVID-19 list

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

I think McNichols probably makes the roster when he comes off the Covid list  and they IR Evans.

Depends on how long they expect Evans to miss. If it’s less than 3 games then it doesn’t necessarily make sense to IR him.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The federal government is going to have to use a bigger stick against the unvaccinated.  You can't force anyone to get vaccinated, but you can deny access to services without a vaccination card.

America has become a "fuck you, I got mine country". We can't come together for the simplest things. Labeling absolutely anything that helps the collective an "attack on freedom" is destroying us. The

I don't care who they are. The fact that the vaccines are free and VERY accessible to all means that you are making a conscious choice to remain unvaccinated and as such a choice to suffer the consequ

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

Some of these 4 are going on IR shortly: 

Marcus Johnson

Darrynton Evans

Daniel Munyer

Dane Cruikshank

But, given Hill's recent designation....doesn't their placement on IR mean that they are, also, lost for the season?

Just now, Starkiller said:

Depends on how long they expect Evans to miss. If it’s less than 3 games then it doesn’t necessarily make sense to IR him.

Perhaps.  But I still think McNichols (or another RB who can pass block) will still be on the roster since neither Sargent nor Henry can do that very well.

1 minute ago, enigma said:

But, given Hill's recent designation....doesn't their placement on IR mean that they are, also, lost for the season?

NO.  If they are IR'd after 4 pm EST tomorrow, they will be eligible to come off the list after 3 games.

1 minute ago, enigma said:

Nope, if placed on IR *after* the roster cutdown to 53, they can return after 3 weeks - no restrictions on number of return designees. 

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

There's no reason to have Evans on the roster the first 3 weeks, he's missed too much time and isn't ready yet. 

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

NO.  If they are IR'd after 4 pm EST tomorrow, they will be eligible to come off the list after 3 games.

Thanks as I was thinking that was the case...

Just now, rns90 said:

I thought a player had to be on the initial 53 today before they could be IRed tomorrow?

Just now, ctm said:

I thought a player had to be on the initial 53 today before they could be IRed tomorrow?

Yes, sorry I left that part out.  Basically be on the 53 now and you can get IR'd tomorrow.

The new rules make it now like the old MLB DL list really.

Just now, tgo said:

There's no reason to have Evans on the roster the first 3 weeks, he's missed too much time and isn't ready yet. 

For consideration: if he goes on IR now and then gets hurt again later in the season he would not be eligible for return the 2nd time.

Either way, we don’t know his prognosis. We'll see what they do…

13 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

McDougald and Farley are very good S depth. Better than what we have had in years. 

Hooker was a good (inexperienced) backup, but they definitely haven’t had anything else to rely on for years.

• titanskick8851 changed the title to 53 Man Roster Cuts/10 Players on Reserve/COVID-19 list List UPDATE: Banwart Not Cut, Instead added to Reserve/COVID-19 list