@CaliTitan3518

@Guts

@Mythos27

@CreepingDeath

@scine09

@titanskick8851

@VanCityTitan

@Frank Andbeans

I have unlocked free agent players. They are all on waivers until Wednesday morning at 2:05 am CST (I think... this app is weird with how it words things) when waivers are processed. Everyone can put in waiver claims starting now.

Both leagues have a budget of 300 FAAB dollars to start off with. That will be the whole total for the season so spend frugally or spend all in one go. Up to you. FAAB can also be traded, along with players and future draft picks.

8 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Do we have to have rosters trimmed in order to bid?

I'm not sure about bidding, but you'll have to have it trimmed in order to claim any players. You'll also have to have any players on IR that aren't eligible for IR either rostered or cut. 

23 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'm not sure about bidding, but you'll have to have it trimmed in order to claim any players. You'll also have to have any players on IR that aren't eligible for IR either rostered or cut. 

So in terms of bidding in this league, if 1 person bids $10 and the next highest bid is $2, do they end up paying $10 or $3 for the player?

Edited by Starkiller

19 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

So in terms of bidding in this league, if 1 person bids $10 and the next highest bid is $2, do they end up paying $10 or $3 for the player?

You pay what you bid, whether you bid 1 dollar more or 100 dollars more. I don't think it's even an option to bid the way you're talking about.

20 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You pay what you bid, whether you bid 1 dollar more or 100 dollars more. I don't think it's even an option to bid the way you're talking about.

Just for reference, do you have any idea what some guys have gone for in the past? 

38 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Just for reference, do you have any idea what some guys have gone for in the past? 

It just depends on the players that are available and the demand for them. Others can correct me if I'm misremembering but I think I've seen some players go for 2/3s or more of a budget. And we're also in a league with 9s so all bets are off. He might spend his entire budget, trade a bunch of players for someone else's budget, and then he's right back in the free agency game. He's never done that before, but now that I've said something about it he probably will. 

You just have to make your best guest and take solace in the fact that if someone else blows their entire wad on one player before the season has even began that they'll be screwed later on if another player starts to show something and the guy they took was just an early season flash in the pan.

55 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

It just depends on the players that are available and the demand for them. Others can correct me if I'm misremembering but I think I've seen some players go for 2/3s or more of a budget. And we're also in a league with 9s so all bets are off. He might spend his entire budget, trade a bunch of players for someone else's budget, and then he's right back in the free agency game. He's never done that before, but now that I've said something about it he probably will. 

You just have to make your best guest and take solace in the fact that if someone else blows their entire wad on one player before the season has even began that they'll be screwed later on if another player starts to show something and the guy they took was just an early season flash in the pan.

One last procedural question then…

What happens after waivers clear on Wednesday? Do the unclaimed players become standard free agents that can be added for free until after wee 1 begins? Do they instantly go back on waivers until the next waiver claim period ends?

6 hours ago, Starkiller said:

What happens after waivers clear on Wednesday? Do the unclaimed players become standard free agents that can be added for free until after wee 1 begins? Do they instantly go back on waivers until the next waiver claim period ends?

@abenjami
@Bink

@oldschool

We've always had players available after preseason waivers are processed, right?

9 hours ago, Starkiller said:

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

@abenjami
@Bink

@oldschool

We've always had players available after preseason waivers are processed, right?

IIRC after waivers clears you can pickup whomever for free.  Which is one of my gripes with the system, I think picking someone up should cost $1 and not be free.