Youtube boxing

reo

To a degree. I'm not sure if it's interesting or annoying. It's bringing more publicity to boxing. Can't stand the Paul brothers but that's sort of the point. It's what they're trying to do so seems to be working.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 11:04 PM, reo said:

To a degree. I'm not sure if it's interesting or annoying. It's bringing more publicity to boxing. Can't stand the Paul brothers but that's sort of the point. It's what they're trying to do so seems to be working.

The Paul brothers can actually box though. I was looking at the boxing cards that were the tik Tok vs youtubers type shit. That was all stupid as fuck.

19 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

The Paul brothers can actually box though. I was looking at the boxing cards that were the tik Tok vs youtubers type shit. That was all stupid as fuck.

It's all the same though and even their ability to box is still in question. Logan "boxed" Mayweather but all he really did was jab out of range and the grab him when he got in range. He was just waay too big for him. Mayweather out boxed him easily as expected but didn't have the power due to the weight difference (and age?) to take him down. Then he just laid on Mayweather the entire last few rounds. Jake is better but still not that good. He hasn't really boxed anyone yet. Even against Woodley, he didn't look great. Tyron should've done better but he was just head hunting the entire fight and let Jake jab him for points, showing that Woodly isn't a boxer. 

Just now, reo said:

It's all the same though and even their ability to box is still in question. Logan "boxed" Mayweather but all he really did was jab out of range and the grab him when he got in range. He was just waay too big for him. Mayweather out boxed him easily as expected. Then he just laid on Mayweather the entire last few rounds. Jake is better but still not that good. He hasn't really boxed anyone yet. Even against Woodley, he didn't look great. Tyron should've done better but he was just head hunting the entire fight and let Jake jab him for points, showing that Woodly isn't a boxer. 

Did you watch the tik tok vs youtubers card? Really doesn't even compare to the Pauls. I think the Pauls are of the skill to take legit amateur fights. They are getting "pro" fights because of their name and ability to make people money. 

1 minute ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Did you watch the tik tok vs youtubers card? Really doesn't even compare to the Pauls. I think the Pauls are of the skill to take legit amateur fights. They are getting "pro" fights because of their name and ability to make people money. 

Did you watch the Pauls when they started out? They've just been boxing for 3-4 years now where as the guys on the other card are just starting out.

A couple on the tik tok vs youtubers have similar potential. 

2 minutes ago, reo said:

Did you watch the Pauls when they started out? They've just been boxing for 3-4 years now where as the guys on the other card are just starting out.

A couple on the tik tok vs youtubers have similar potential. 

Kind of my point that the Pauls jumped a level and I don't put them in the category as those other guys are currently. I'm just saying what the Pauls are doing is actually good for boxing while the other shit makes it look like the old celebrity boxing joke events. They need to bring back celebrity death match.

14 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Kind of my point that the Pauls jumped a level and I don't put them in the category as those other guys are currently. I'm just saying what the Pauls are doing is actually good for boxing while the other shit makes it look like the old celebrity boxing joke events. They need to bring back celebrity death match.

But is what they're doing really good for boxing? I'm not sure.

9 hours ago, reo said:

But is what they're doing really good for boxing? I'm not sure.

I think it is getting a generation into boxing that would have never of been interested in it. Other combat sports have been on the rise and boxing has been kind of declining in popularity.  Boxing coverage has been on the major media platforms way more due to them. 

Archived