14 man draft; 14th slot, is 2x WR the way to go?

TheBukafax

Doing some mocks and man the RB situation at 14 is rough. 

My mocks have JK Dobbins and Antonio Gibson as the best backs at that spot. The best WRs available are DK, Diggs, Hop and AJB.

Is this a must draft 2 WR or will the drop off from Dobbins until my next pick he too large?

14 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

Doing some mocks and man the RB situation at 14 is rough. 

My mocks have JK Dobbins and Antonio Gibson as the best backs at that spot. The best WRs available are DK, Diggs, Hop and AJB.

Is this a must draft 2 WR or will the drop off from Dobbins until my next pick he too large?

Let’s put it this way… what RBs do you expect to be around the next time you pick?

10 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Let’s put it this way… what RBs do you expect to be around the next time you pick?

I did a mock and this is what I came away with doing WR/WR.

1) Diggs

2) AJB

3) Darrel Henderson

4) Mike Davis

5) Damien Harris

6) Chase Claypool

7) Zack Moss

8. Gus Edwards

9) Matt Ryan

10) Phillip Lindsay

11) Russel Gage

12) Logan Thomas

14 seems like a crapshoot to me, and you should go for as sure things as possible. It's the kind of league you can only win by being super active and getting the Boykin's of the world when they pop up. 

My strategy might be zero RBs. You know your league mates will be fighting for RBs in front of you, so WR/WR is a good play. I am not sure what QB or TE depth looks like but if you could get Waller or maybe even Hock in the 3rd or 4th and land a sure fire QB like Murray in the other, that might work--especially if you are PPR or half PPR. 

You want to dominate points above replacement if you can--feels like there are 4 or 5 QBs and TEs that will crush the others. I would get the safest, most trustworthy WR/WR or RB/WR available with your top picks, then I would try to go TE and QB, especially if you can get a 7 to 10 rushing TD player like Kyler. 

Then I would be willing to use that waiver priority aggressively. 

I hate the zero rb strategy. 

In a perfect scenario Eckler makes it to you but that’s probably not going to happen. I think you would be better off grabbing a Gibson, Dobbins, Clyde or Najee at the first turn. I would even consider taking 2. The drop off at RBs at the 3/4 turn is bigger than the WRs. 

On 8/3/2021 at 7:25 AM, CaliTitan3518 said:

I hate the zero rb strategy. 

In a perfect scenario Eckler makes it to you but that’s probably not going to happen. I think you would be better off grabbing a Gibson, Dobbins, Clyde or Najee at the first turn. I would even consider taking 2. The drop off at RBs at the 3/4 turn is bigger than the WRs. 

Yeah the drop off at WR is not as big. Just worried about the reliability of those RBs to hit RB1 week in and week out versus the WRs I’d have available that would be almost guaranteed WR1 numbers between 2 of them.

3 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

Yeah the drop off at WR is not as big. Just worried about the reliability of those RBs to hit RB1 week in and week out versus the WRs I’d have available that would be almost guaranteed WR1 numbers between 2 of them.

IMO Gibson, Clyde and Najee are pretty safe picks due to volume.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 9:21 AM, TheBukafax said:

This is how the draft shook out.

Shocked Jonathan Taylor dropped to me. Went Taylor and Ridley with my first 2 picks. Next 2 we’re Mike Davis and Pat Mahomes. 

Took a lot of handcuffs in hopes of injury.

9EAE0DD2-B94F-4A9E-9C41-C317F149E3C4.png

0471858B-E7C0-442D-9DBB-C698CFDC730E.png

I like this a lot for 14 team. Taylor is incredible. I like that you have a clear #1 at a position in Mahomes. Ridley has WR1 upside. Very solid. Stevenson could hit out of the NE backfield. Just be willing to jump on hot FAs and I think you have a better than average shot. 

On 9/6/2021 at 6:21 AM, TheBukafax said:

This is how the draft shook out.

Shocked Jonathan Taylor dropped to me. Went Taylor and Ridley with my first 2 picks. Next 2 we’re Mike Davis and Pat Mahomes. 

Took a lot of handcuffs in hopes of injury.

9EAE0DD2-B94F-4A9E-9C41-C317F149E3C4.png

0471858B-E7C0-442D-9DBB-C698CFDC730E.png

Had you not taken Mahomes in 4 who was still on the board at RB/WR?

And who would you have gotten at QB in round 5/6?

3 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Had you not taken Mahomes in 4 who was still on the board at RB/WR?

And who would you have gotten at QB in round 5/6?

This is the junk that was available. I figured none of the players would give me a points advantage over other teams so I went Mahomes where I would gain a points advantage.

1339D312-3BEE-4F58-B695-379FD4FE8D19.png

8F9C6CCC-A936-4851-9F19-ED8BC9412BB6.png

Archived