Titans Hire James Wilhoit as Kicking Coach

Jonboy

5 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

PK is correct though.  They have fucked around with the kicker spot going on 3 years now.  There's zero excuse for not fixing it and they won't sniff a SB if they have a bad kicking game because at some key moment, they'll need it.

They need to watch the 2000 playoff game with the Ravens to see how a SB caliber team can get derailed by an awful kicker.

I can't for the life of me understand why they have downplayed the position so much and not taken it seriously. 

IDK but if it costs them games, JRob and Vrabel deserve whatever criticism they get.  Just negligence.

That being said, there's plenty of time for one of these two to emerge or get a better kicker.  Ideally it's not a guy at the end like Gostkowski and rather a long term solution.

5 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

PK is correct though.  They have fucked around with the kicker spot going on 3 years now.  There's zero excuse for not fixing it and they won't sniff a SB if they have a bad kicking game because at some key moment, they'll need it.

They need to watch the 2000 playoff game with the Ravens to see how a SB caliber team can get derailed by an awful kicker.

You just had to fucking bring that up didn't you? I had almost blocked it from my memory.? I am happy Vrabel admits he can't coach kickers worth a shit.

Edited by freakingeek

I’d feel more comfortable if they’d just sign Gostkowski.

At the same time almost every one of these kickers comes out of nowhere.  It’s not like pretty much every other position where a guy is drafted high.  No kicker can succeed without an opportunity.  The hope is that one of these guys ends up being not only the guy this year but for the long term.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

At the same time almost every one of these kickers comes out of nowhere.  It’s not like pretty much every other position where a guy is drafted high.  No kicker can succeed without an opportunity.  The hope is that one of these guys ends up being not only the guy this year but for the long term.

I still think that is likely. 

15 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Have to think Gostkowski is the likely starter.