Sando QB rankings 2021 - Tannehill ranked 13th overall (Tier 2)

Titans279

40 minutes ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

The articles that discuss pressure almosg never mention the kind of pressure. I watched Tannehill in Miami. They allowed more quick pressure with 3 or 4 pass rushers than any team I can remember, even when keeping in extra blockers.

There is no way to equate pressure from a blitz that exposes the defense and pressure from 4 pass rushers with 7 defenders covering 3 receivers. Two completely different animals and any discussion of the effect of pressure on a QB that doesn't cover it is pointless. 

That's true that these variables are out there.  I imagine the "clean pocket" stats have fewer of these "difficult to properly quantify" stats, though, so that's great for Tannehill.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's based on the fact even football insiders are clueless about the value of the running game to play action success. I've been fighting this battle for years. I'm not sure what else Tannehill has to

Let me get this straight, he was ranked 20th & a tier 3 QB in 2020?  This is easily the most retarded thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

I also listened and it was comical how dismissive they were about the GM saying Tannehill was borderline tier 1.    But what I thought was funnier was they were discussing the group of QBs l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

That's true that these variables are out there.  I imagine the "clean pocket" stats have fewer of these "difficult to properly quantify" stats, though, so that's great for Tannehill.

For that reason, the clean. pocket passer rating is much more stable year by year.