Student Loan Forgiveness Discussion

luvyablue256

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's against my self interest to say this, as someone with student loan debt, but I don't think it's fair to ask average Americans to pay for the student loan debt of those who used debt to finance co

Anyone who supported PPP and not loan forgiveness is a hypocrite. Those who took the money and criticize it are even worse. We lost 200 billion to fraud alone on PPP.

I’m not a student debt forgiveness fan.  While I do think the cost of education is rediculous and in need of reform, which is another subject, they signed on for what they signed on for.     I’

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Only 25% of Americans have college debt. There's no way it's the biggest issue, or even that big of an issue.

You really can't argue that it's the biggest issue facing this country. That said, I am not sure it really matters. It is an important issue, and one that seems easy for Democrats to get a win on--if they could function at all. 

3 hours ago, Bink said:

I swear, I do not understand why Americans bristle at any suggestion to help regular people but have no strong opinions when that support is generated upwards. Some of you fuckers would gladly suck the king's dick if it meant preventing a fellow serf from getting a first kiss. 

100%

7 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

Anyone that argues against student loan forgiveness purely because they had to pay their’s off is basically saying “I got my arm cut off so everyone else should have to too!” 

Kicking down the ladder rung on their way up. 

No it's not. Why should people who went to college get loan forgiveness? There are many people who could not get loans or afford college that went to work right out of high school. Why shouldn't they get an equal amount of debt paid off? Otherwise, you are giving a portion of the country (who are supposed to be smarter cause that got that degree) a double bonus. Here's your free education and your higher paying job.

Fuck off all you participation trophy dumb fucks. Don't go to your liberal institutions that charge you out the ass and then give you worthless degrees. 

9 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

Anyone that argues against student loan forgiveness purely because they had to pay their’s off is basically saying “I got my arm cut off so everyone else should have to too!” 

Kicking down the ladder rung on their way up. 

Hey, I owe a lot on my Jeep. Do you wish to pay for it?  I mean, that monthly payment will be going into the economy.  

Let me know, I’ll be glad to accept your contributions.  

8 hours ago, Rogue said:

Hey, I owe a lot on my Jeep. Do you wish to pay for it?  I mean, that monthly payment will be going into the economy.  

Let me know, I’ll be glad to accept your contributions.  

Yes. Those are the same thing.  One of my favorite pseudo-intellectual tactics is the whataboutism that has zero actual application to the original talking point and then crossing their arms smugly after lol. Also notice I said people that don’t want it BECAUSE they already paid off their loans. By the way I’m someone who HAS paid off their loans and still feels this way.

Edited by TeamRamrod

20 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

No it's not. Why should people who went to college get loan forgiveness? There are many people who could not get loans or afford college that went to work right out of high school. Why shouldn't they get an equal amount of debt paid off?

Because many people can't find a job in the field they went to school for. I went to (local) college. Graduated with honors and was given a personal recommendation from the dean if academic science. One of only 5 he has given out in his 15 year tenure when I was there. (At the time)

I also graduated a month after the IT recession and was going against people that had decades of experience. I couldn't find a job. In fact I ended up giving up and went a different route. By the time jobs started opening up, I was already doing something else.

Getting out of debt can be life changing for people who don't have the income as others.  I could tell you my long sob story but honestly don't want to type it out.

Not a person on this board that has an ounce of compassion would have a problem with my debt being forgiven.

Some of the kinder members of this board would even donate if my story was known. (Which it never will be)

Otherwise, you are giving a portion of the country (who are supposed to be smarter cause that got that degree) a double bonus. Here's your free education and your higher paying job.

See above. All I got was debt. Then I married into even more debt from my wife who got screwed by her ex husband with the connections she didnt have (judge) and a lawyer she couldn't afford. She made his business for him. He was a loser that lived off his rich daddy and she came in and played a major role in their business being successful. 

Fuck off all you participation trophy dumb fucks. Don't go to your liberal institutions that charge you out the ass and then give you worthless degrees. 

I don't know the numbers and I don't disagree that stupid degrees are stupid degrees but every person's experience is difference.

But seriously, why do you care? It doesn't hurt you. It doesn't affect your success. It doesn't come out of your pocket (sure, you could say taxes but your taxes will ALWAYS go towards stuff you don't agree with.)

The government can bail out banks. They can bail out transportation. I would have no problem with them giving those less fortunate (or who have made bad decisions) a chance at a better life.

I will never see the success that some of you have had and that's ok. However it sure would be nice to actually be able to go on a vacation that we could pay for. It would be great to have a home we could pay for. A lot of things that some of you have, others will never see. 

Anyone who has ever struggled and who has had to live by a strict budget that had to cut corners on basic necessities, knows exactly what I'm talking about.

If you are one of those people, and made it, then congratulations to you. I'm happy for you and Im not jealous.

That being said, there's a lot of people in the world who's life is ruined by bad choices. (Debt)

I'm all for helping those people even if I wouldn't be one of them. (And I wouldn't be, my debt would not be forgiven since I'm 10-15 years behind and interest has doubled the original balance)

3 hours ago, Alzarius said:

Because many people can't find a job in the field they went to school for. I went to (local) college. Graduated with honors and was given a personal recommendation from the dean if academic science. One of only 5 he has given out in his 15 year tenure when I was there. (At the time)

I also graduated a month after the IT recession and was going against people that had decades of experience. I couldn't find a job. In fact I ended up giving up and went a different route. By the time jobs started opening up, I was already doing something else.

Getting out of debt can be life changing for people who don't have the income as others.  I could tell you my long sob story but honestly don't want to type it out.

Not a person on this board that has an ounce of compassion would have a problem with my debt being forgiven.

Some of the kinder members of this board would even donate if my story was known. (Which it never will be)

See above. All I got was debt. Then I married into even more debt from my wife who got screwed by her ex husband with the connections she didnt have (judge) and a lawyer she couldn't afford. She made his business for him. He was a loser that lived off his rich daddy and she came in and played a major role in their business being successful. 

I don't know the numbers and I don't disagree that stupid degrees are stupid degrees but every person's experience is difference.

But seriously, why do you care? It doesn't hurt you. It doesn't affect your success. It doesn't come out of your pocket (sure, you could say taxes but your taxes will ALWAYS go towards stuff you don't agree with.)

The government can bail out banks. They can bail out transportation. I would have no problem with them giving those less fortunate (or who have made bad decisions) a chance at a better life.

I will never see the success that some of you have had and that's ok. However it sure would be nice to actually be able to go on a vacation that we could pay for. It would be great to have a home we could pay for. A lot of things that some of you have, others will never see. 

Anyone who has ever struggled and who has had to live by a strict budget that had to cut corners on basic necessities, knows exactly what I'm talking about.

If you are one of those people, and made it, then congratulations to you. I'm happy for you and Im not jealous.

That being said, there's a lot of people in the world who's life is ruined by bad choices. (Debt)

I'm all for helping those people even if I wouldn't be one of them. (And I wouldn't be, my debt would not be forgiven since I'm 10-15 years behind and interest has doubled the original balance)

While your story seems sad, the point of forgiving debt for a portion of the population because of choices they made, is about as unfair as it gets. If the debt forgiveness isn't equally applied across the population then it is another tool to divide the country.

If you give one person a $50,000 debt forgiveness,  why doesn't someone who paid off their loan not get $50,000 for another loan debt? Or someone who didn't go to college get $50,000 of their home or car loan or just a check for $50,000?

59 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

@LongTimeFanif you talk shit to Alzarius after his post when he’s easily the best representative for Christianity and social conservatism on the board I want you to do the world a favor and jump off a bridge. 

I have jumped off lots of bridges. My son and I do alot of rock jumping, too.