Rapoport: Rodgers Plans to Play for GB This Season

Jonboy

I'll even go further to say that I'd rather the Texans have Rodgers than Watson.  Watson is, what, 25?  Rodgers is in his late 30's and most people then they get to be in their late 30's are close to the twilight.  Not everyone is Tom Brady.  Even if the Texans draft well and sign big free agents next year, eventually Rodgers will not be what he is now.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's good for multiple reasons.  #1 he seemingly won't be traded to the AFC.  And #2 the Packers play five games against the AFC, none of which involve the Titans.  So might as well have the 5 AFC t

What if I told you they can have neither?

He sure as hell wasn't going to retire and give back $ 23 M

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I'll even go further to say that I'd rather the Texans have Rodgers than Watson.  Watson is, what, 25?  Rodgers is in his late 30's and most people then they get to be in their late 30's are close to the twilight.  Not everyone is Tom Brady.  Even if the Texans draft well and sign big free agents next year, eventually Rodgers will not be what he is now.

What if I told you they can have neither? :D

Just now, scine09 said:

It would be a tough sell to a lot of the fans.  Yes, he’s a very good QB.   But the guy is being accused of abusing at least 22 women.  

Unless the asking price is low, but still.... I find it hard to believe that the texants are going to find any offers.

9 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

How many wins are the Packers good for if Rodgers doesn't play?

It's a moot point now since they are working out a re-structured deal for this season, but at least they two backups who are far more reliable than Kizer or Woodside.

I’ve never understood the whole” he has a weak supporting cast “thing …. He literally has a top 5 WR a top 10 Rb and a top 10 TE….. it’s ALOT worse supporting casts than that in the league. 

Add 5 more years spoiled with Driver and Jennings. I have no idea where it came from, but let's all get past this lack-of-tools narrative. They busted on the Lacy pick (or, really, they hit and he ate himself out of the league and left them scrambling to fill with Jamaal and then Jones), but he's had a straight transition from Driver/Jennings to Nelson/Cobb to Adams/Jones, throughout his career.

Donald Driver 

Greg Jennings

Jordy Nelson

Randall Cobb

Eddie Lacy

Davante Adams

Aaron Jones

... strong appearances from...

James Jones

Ryan Grant

Jamaal Williams

Jeremiah Finley

10 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

It's a moot point now since they are working out a re-structured deal for this season, but at least they two backups who are far more reliable than Kizer or Woodside.

It's not a moot point... I am just curious how many wins you think the Packers would get if he would only bring the Texans up to a losing record AT BEST.

I assume you also think that since Rodgers is only good for that few wins alone, the Packers would still easily win the division?

Packers could remain competitive in that division...but only because there is not really a dominant team.

Rodgers wouldn't go to the train wreck that is the Texans currently but if he did he's not really an upgrade over Watson other than the fact he would be actually interested in playing... As opposed to disgruntled....which Watson is 

5 hours ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

I’ve never understood the whole” he has a weak supporting cast “thing …. He literally has a top 5 WR a top 10 Rb and a top 10 TE….. it’s ALOT worse supporting casts than that in the league. 

Add 5 more years spoiled with Driver and Jennings. I have no idea where it came from, but let's all get past this lack-of-tools narrative. They busted on the Lacy pick (or, really, they hit and he ate himself out of the league and left them scrambling to fill with Jamaal and then Jones), but he's had a straight transition from Driver/Jennings to Nelson/Cobb to Adams/Jones, throughout his career.

Donald Driver 

Greg Jennings

Jordy Nelson

Randall Cobb

Eddie Lacy

Davante Adams

Aaron Jones

... strong appearances from...

James Jones

Ryan Grant

Jamaal Williams

Jeremiah Finley

Davante Adams was just rated the top WR in ESPN rankings that everyone has been so riled up about, and Aaron Jones is criminally underrated.

I remember the first game I saw Aaron Jones. I was like wow this guy is incredible, why do they having him backing up Jamaal Williams who is atrocious?

1 hour ago, XAEA12 said:

Davante Adams was just rated the top WR in ESPN rankings that everyone has been so riled up about, and Aaron Jones is criminally underrated.

I remember the first game I saw Aaron Jones. I was like wow this guy is incredible, why do they having him backing up Jamaal Williams who is atrocious?

Yeah that was the same for me and Tom Brady. His first game he came in I knew he was gonna be HoF level. I had no idea why he was backing up that bum Drew Bledsoe.