Texans now willing to trade Deshaun Watson. Update: No Criminal Charges.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A ton! According to my personal spreadsheet and consulting with my accountant, my rub n tug services are down by an average of 6 percent. Covid's been tough on everyone  .

Letting Watson play with what he's been accused of and past suspensions by Goodell is a total joke and shows how stupid his entire policy is 

Posted Images

I think Miami is the team. They can throw in a young potential franchise QB and they have additional draft capital they can trade. 

Denver is also desperate for a QB. If Elway was still running the show I would say they would be at the top of the list. He might get involved to make this happen. 

49ers could still make a run for Watson but they seem pretty happy with Trey Lance. The rookie QB contract allows them to pay some people. I think they would have been a likely landing spot before the draft. 

Before the allegations, the Jets, 49ers, Dolphins, Eagles and Panthers would have been in a bidding war for Watson. At this point, teams have either addressed their QB situation or don't want to deal with this circus.

Watson and Texans might have to be in a love-hate relationship for the 2021 season or they will trade him and not get anything close to what they could have received before the allegations. That is just so...Texans. LMAO.

49ers just  gave up 3 1st round picks for Lance. Can’t see a Watson trade happening there niow.

Dolphins and Broncos seem most logical. I wonder if a sleeper team could be the Vikings. They reportedly tried to trade up for Fields. And they do have a QB they can swap.

4 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Really hope Rodgers doesn't like Austin. Really hope Packers org doesn't like sex addicts.

Austin is 165 miles away from Houston, only kids in their twenties go all that way to party. Rodgers is too old for that scene.

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

I don't see any way Watson is tradeable before his legal issues get sorted which won't be any time soon.

Exactly. That is another thing. Due to hurricane Harvey and COVID, there is a backlog of over 100000 criminal cases. You have people out on bail that might not go to trial until 2025. It might be 2023 before Watson even sees a Houston court room. Based on the schedule, he will not be deposed in the civil cases until April 2022. 

Even if he gets traded, this is going to linger over his new team at least through the 2023-2024 seasons. Knowing that, there is no way a team is going to give up 3-4 first round picks for him. 

Edited by Btowner

16 minutes ago, Btowner said:

Even if he gets traded, this is going to linger over his new team at least through the 2023-2024 seasons. Knowing that, there is no way a team is going to give up 3-4 first round picks for him. 

@scine09 this is the main reason I don’t want them getting Rodgers. The Texans aren’t getting anywhere close to 3 first rounders for Watson. 

• TitansGuru changed the title to Texans now willing to trade Deshaun Watson. Update: No Criminal Charges.