NFL Forcing Forfeits if Teams get COVID and are unable to Schedule Games

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite the development from the league. Essentially them saying get vaccinated or GTFO.        

As far as Hopkins....  

I'm still battling those diphtheria vaccines I got when I was 2 months old!

Posted Images

Every other team is getting vaccinated at a good rate.  If you are one of those teams whose players haven't been vaccinated yet, then it's on your organization.  A vaccine or a forfeiture where players don't get paid.  Easy choice here.

25 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Lol why? If you can’t put a roster out there because your team is infected then what else should they do? 

Even if you have the do do juice you can still catch it. What then? 

Just now, Starkiller said:

But if everyone on the team is vaccinated then it won’t matter. You wouldn’t need to worry as much about it spreading if everyone is vaccinated.

Yes, you can still get the virus, and yes you might even have mild symptoms, but the goal is availing serious outcomes.

The only thing i see here is the NFL trying to make players get that BS shot. These are world class athletes, the ones that got it last year are still here and doing fine. Dont get me wrong this is real, but more detrimental to unhealthy people than healthy ones. 

3 minutes ago, TitanHead said:

Dont get me wrong this is real, but more detrimental to unhealthy people than healthy ones. 

True, but that has nothing to do with stopping variants that are more infectious and or deadly. Mutations can happen in any person regardless of their symptoms or healthiness. 

I would like this policy a lot more if fully vaccinated players were completely exempt from testing. The espn article I read stated vaccinated players would still be tested every 14 days. That leaves open the possibility of an asymptomatic outbreak being detected among fully vaccinated players and causing a forfeit, which would be pretty fucking lame. The carrot to the Cole beasley’s of the league needs to be, get vaxed and you won’t have to worry about testing, forfeits or quarantines at all. 

1 minute ago, MikeKeith2020 said:

I would like this policy a lot more if fully vaccinated players were completely exempt from testing. The espn article I read stated vaccinated players would still be tested every 14 days. That leaves open the possibility of an asymptomatic outbreak being detected among fully vaccinated players and causing a forfeit, which would be pretty fucking lame. The carrot to the Cole beasley’s of the league needs to be, get vaxed and you won’t have to worry about testing, forfeits or quarantines at all. 

Good point. That would indeed suck. I wonder if they have some exemptions just in case of that kind of event.