• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you read your anti-vax posts, they make your dog post look genius.

Why does anyone ever care about a meaningless opinion poll that has nothing to do with actual results?   Especially from ESPN!     

1 minute ago, SleepingTitan said:

That might be the dumbest shit I've read since I posted about my dog. 

Like I don't think RT is currently a top 5 QB but in no way do I think he is anywhere near 14! I figured people here might get a good laugh at the article.

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

Any NFL power ranking that doesn't have the Titans in the top 8 in the NFL is wrong. 

Definitely in the top 10 at least.

54 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Definitely in the top 10 at least.

Considering the way the league leans to offense and we are without a doubt top 3. The defense last year was so bad it is hard to not see an uptick. And since we were competitive all the way to the int that sealed last year anything short of top 10 is an insult. 

1 hour ago, WG53 said:

Like I don't think RT is currently a top 5 QB but in no way do I think he is anywhere near 14! I figured people here might get a good laugh at the article.

It's not only that, they're saying we need all pro performances out of Dupree and Farley to be good. I believe Autry will make a bigger difference overall this year than either of those people. Evans, Landry, and Brown are all on notice. 

It's just ridiculous that they put all 3 categories right in the middle of mediocrity. We're 2-2 in the playoffs for the last 2 years. We've won 20 regular season games. Tannehill has statistically outperformed 90% of QBs, Henry is the rushing leader 2 years running. Our offensive efficiency is only matched by top 5 teams. 

Devil's Advocate - A condition for the ranking is for the next three years.  Consider that Henry is getting a high number of carries every year and plays a historically short-life position.  J. Jones is old for a WR.  We have an unproven OC.  Many don't believe in Tannehill - especially considering A. Smith just left.  Plus, he's on the older side, too.  Many acquisitions on defense are recovering from injuries, it isn't a sure thing they bounce back to their previous form.  

27 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Why does anyone ever care about a meaningless opinion poll that has nothing to do with actual results?   Especially from ESPN! 

It isn't that anyone cares. It is the dead period. It's just content to talk about at this point. Otherwise the board is nearly dead this time of year.

2 minutes ago, WG53 said:

It isn't that anyone cares. It is the dead period. It's just content to talk about at this point. Otherwise the board is nearly dead this time of year.

Fair albeit the actual article being complained about is speculative about the next three years, behind a paywall, with no explanation of the criteria being used to compile the list.....

1 minute ago, BudsOilers said:

Fair albeit the actual article being complained about is speculative about the next three years, behind a paywall, with no explanation of the criteria being used to compile the list.....

I don't pay for ESPN. Someone here might. I'm sure that they could be persuaded to post on the subject. We've seen it happen many times before.