Vaccine misconceptions...

First let me say I never doubted the seriousness of this virus. However I have doubted the origins the news gives us of this virus and how it came to be. 

But this post really isn't about that. They talk about the Virus starting to spread more in all 50 states. Am I the only one that knew this was going to happen once they eased up on the mandates? I am unvaccinated and have continued to take every precaution. Even if I was vaccinated I would continue to take every precaution....But thats the problem....

The Government and CDC should have told people even if they are fully vaccinated you can still spread the virus. Why aren't they and why haven't they been telling people that, or atleast making special emphasis to tell people? Because it can create a narrative that unvaccinated people are the culprits as to why it's not going away and they want to try to bully people who don't want their vaccine to get it. 

I been telling people, whether I'm vaccinated or unvaccinated I can still spread it to you either way. People think because you are vaccinated it automatically means you can't transmit it. People who are vaccinated are living like it's 2019 and it's spreading again. 

I go to Walmart and I'm literally 1 of maybe 2-3 the people with a mask on. I keep telling people me being unvaccinated literally has no bearing on somebody vaccinated. 

Transmission and infection rates as well as potential severity of the disease go waaaaay down for those that are vaccinated. 

Not getting vaccinated when you could is dumb. End of story.

Good for you on at least wearing a mask though.

I'm not so sure infection rates these days are accurate.  How many vaccinated people are getting tested regularly for Covid?  Unless you are forced to by a travel or access requirement, I'm not aware of vaccinated people running to get tested like before they were vaccinated.

The messaging and policy making from the government - federal and state - has been piss poor from the get go and still is fucked up even after the change in the executive branch.....

39 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

I'm not so sure infection rates these days are accurate.  How many vaccinated people are getting tested regularly for Covid?  Unless you are forced to by a travel or access requirement, I'm not aware of vaccinated people running to get tested like before they were vaccinated.

The messaging and policy making from the government - federal and state - has been piss poor from the get go and still is fucked up even after the change in the executive branch.....

Exactly. Nobody has the numbers for vaccinated people transmitting and not transmitting. His totally people assuming. But from what I gather it's very untrue...I see conventions, sports teams even white house staffers who are vaccinated testing positive. Seems to me the infection rates the same and still the same level of being transmittable. I'd much rather take precautions not getting it and also not get the vaccine. If I end up getting the Virus I can say I did all I could to not get it. 

Of course, the focus on positive tests (and the reality is that the "test" is less accurate than the vaccine is....) has always been a problem.  The real issue was how many required hospitalization, ICU, death rate as well as the impact to overall hospital/ICU occupancy rates. 

I'd add the whole "science" aspect has been largely been communicated poorly and most people are ignorant.  Using "data" that's out of context or incomplete has been the norm. 

Thing is I know some unvaccinated people who ended up getting it from a vaccinated person. I had to get tested because I was in close contact with the person. Rode in the same vehicle. My test came back negative. 

theres no normal reason for people to get themselves tested if they dont have symptoms... vaccinated people either show zero or very weakened symptoms. Zero symptoms is pretty much just fine compared to the alternative of strong symptoms and possible death.

Keep in mind that the entire history of this virus is counted only in weeks and months...not years.   Mankind is still very much in the learning phase.    The scientific and medical communities' collective knowledge base for SARS-Cov-2 is based on a mere 18 months' worth of data;   the vaccines are even less.....maybe 6-8 months of data.   

There's literally zero precedent for any of this in the modern era.    We have no example to follow....no medical or scientific journals we can refer to for guidance.   The book on SARS-Cov-2 only started last year, and it's been a story of trial and error;  it's being written every day in real time right in front of our eyes as new information is gained.   The whole world is watching.

With only a few months of data, we cannot unequivocally state that the vaccines prevent people from contracting and transmitting the virus.   However, in the studies that have been done so far, the results indicate that the vaccines dramatically decrease the viral load.....the count goes way, way down.  And by decreasing the viral load, you dramatically decrease the risk of transmission.

It's not 100% perfect....nobody has ever suggested otherwise.   Breakthrough cases do happen and will continue to happen.   But having 80-95% protection (or even 40-50-60%) is still a hell of a lot better than 0% protection by remaining unvaccinated.

7 hours ago, Jeff.Fisher said:

There is no way that all these trump cultists in Tennessee without masks have been vaccinated. 

What gets me is the risk that people are taking on, disregarding medical advice, rejecting the expansion of healthcare, for what?  To win an argument on the internet?  Is that really worth physical and financial ruin?

I sure picked the right business to be in but omg.  SMH.