Specialty Coffee - ordering online for delivery (Changed from Sump Coffee)

9 Nines

On 7/12/2021 at 9:48 PM, Downtown said:

They are pretty good. Not my side of town, but for a high volume shop, they are consistent and their beans are usually distinct and good quality.  I would go often if it were more convenient for me. 

The downfall of all coffee shops is that they begin with a very high standard for their coffee. Then typically after 1 year they adjust that quality and service to create more revenue. This is almost always when a shop decides to start roasting as opposed to continue sourcing high quality beans.

This just happened with Bongo Java in Nashville. I’m not sure what their storefronts are using, but their mail order beans used to be consistently great coffee. Then all of the sudden every bag tasted stale and overall just not good.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw this and knowing my man 9’s, I thought he’s talking about coffee made with sump pump water. Lived here most of my life and I have never heard of City Blvd. WTF!  You gotta admit Blvd’s are gener

They are pretty good. Not my side of town, but for a high volume shop, they are consistent and their beans are usually distinct and good quality.  I would go often if it were more convenient for me. 

This whole complex was pretty big news. Microsoft moved their regional office there and the best speciality doctors in Nashville are located there. Its not exactly under-the-radar.    Show m

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

@Downtown

Do you know if Pour Cleveland is in trouble?  It is only offering a few coffees now and none of its own. 

It is. Borderline ending from what I hear. Dayglow might be the best option now. But probably won’t be as a quick shipping wise. 

58 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Dayglow might be the best option now.

Dayglow charges like ~20% more than the roaster charges, whereas Pour Cleveland almost charged same.  

I'll try Wendelboe direct with Nordic post, and if takes no longer than 2 weeks, I'll get a subscription there.

First I need to finish some frozen coffee and I just ordered three bags of https://redroostercoffee.com/shop/coffees/light/ethiopia-wush-wush

Red Rooster Wush Wush was great last year. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2022 at 11:16 PM, Downtown said:

It is. Borderline ending from what I hear. Dayglow might be the best option now. But probably won’t be as a quick shipping wise. 

Have you found a substitute?  Dayglow and the other one charge too much premium.  I recently learned Fellows Drops occasionally has European roasters' coffees.  It offered La Cabra and Manhattan different weeks recently.  People reported the shipping on them was $5 with tracking and US roasters usually are free to $2 shipping on Fellow Drops.  It is a participate or not service.  It offers a coffee weekly via text message and you can accept with number of bags or ignore.  I just started it, so will get first offering next week I guess. 

Edited by 9 Nines

5 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Have you found a substitute?  Dayglow and the other one charge too much premium.  I recently learned Fellows Drops occasionally has European roasters' coffees.  It offered La Cabra and Manhattan different weeks recently.  People reported the shipping on them was $5 with tracking and US roasters usually are free to $2 shipping on Fellow Drops.  It is a participate or not service.  It offers a coffee weekly via text message and you can accept with number of bags or ignore.  I just started it, so will get first offering next week I guess. 

Look into SEY and their subscription discount. I think their roasts will be up your alley. 

1 hour ago, Downtown said:

Look into SEY and their subscription discount. I think their roasts will be up your alley. 

I just did $348.60 for 2 per months.  La Cabra has same for $408. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Downtown said:

I just use filtered. Are you getting into acids? There was a time when that was pretty ground-breaking chemistry. Never got into it myself. 

I used Third Wave Water, usually diluted 50% to 33%.  I got a mg scale and started making own recently.