High Praise for Jeffery Simmons Among Players, Coaches, & Execs

Jonboy

He's the xfactor on defense.. if he takes a game to the next level (all pro) then our pass rush and run defense all improve. Hes the core and will make everyone's job easier.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simmons moves up to #2 on this list for 2022.   Would love to know which coaches/executives didn't even have him ranked inside the top 10 DT this year.   2. Jeffery Simmons, Tennes

Autry is my favorite acquisition this entire off-season and I love several of the moves. What he brings to the table in terms of attitude and production will be huge. 

Autrey and Dupree will have a big impact on Simmons.  The D-line has potential to be much better.  I have high hopes for Weaver as well.  

So many questions though and so many things have to go in the Titans favor.  Realistically, it's hard to imagine Simmons having an all-pro year or this defense taking a leap beyond average.  I think he will be a good DT, I just don't know if I've seen enough to make me think he's going to be elite.  Hope I'm wrong. 

On 7/7/2021 at 12:14 PM, Starkiller said:

I think it’s totally fair to say he disappointed last year.

I mean, Donald gets more help than Simmons got in 2020 but he gets doubled every passing down and still gets sacks. Simmons had more impact plays in his shortened rookie season than in all of 2020.

Donald is an anomaly. Comparing anyone to him is almost unfair. 

Edited by Callidus

15 minutes ago, Callidus said:

You are welcome to compare Simmons to Chris Jones, Grady Jarrett, and DeForest Buckner then. They all get double teamed routinely and still make plays. Simmons is expected to be in the same class as them so he needs to produce like it. 

10 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

You are welcome to compare Simmons to Chris Jones, Grady Jarrett, and DeForest Buckner then. They all get double teamed routinely and still make plays. Simmons is expected to be in the same class as them so he needs to produce like it. 

That's fine. I never said simmons was top 3 or anything. I just said comparing anyone to donald is unfair. 

9 hours ago, Callidus said:

He really is. He's a first ballot HOF. Unconventional, but amazing. 6'1 285 lb DT with short arms. Not necessarily how you'd draw it up from a measureables standpoint, but he's amazing.

• 11 months later...

I think it i because he best pass rush is when he uses his bull rush.  He is not allowed to run free like Donald does.  The scheme is not built for him to get 16 sacks.  I hope they cut him loose.  He is the one guy who Nelson on Indy doesnt want to see.  Simmons has destroyed him the last three times they have played.  Simmons bent him back and hurt his ankle that knocked him out for 4 games last yr.  Simmons got a ankle in the second Indy game and came back in after taping and he destroyed Nelson and the C on a double team.  Guy is a monster.  

16 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

What I don't get is why so many are knocking him as a pass rusher. 8.5 sacks for an interior DL is damn good and he had hella pressures. Shit, I thought Autry might sneak onto this list depending on what position they consider him.

Plus..he's absolutely violent in regards to his run stopping and such a beast doing it.  I think he'll eventually put up a couple double digit sack seasons and sqush that nonsense a bit but in the meantime his balance in his abilities and willingness to be more then just a pass rusher is so damn sexy!  Stay the course Big Jeff!!

DistinctPhonyIbex-max-1mb.gif

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952696a8e0c156367d25

Donald is better pass rusher but Simmons is way better stopping the run.  Donald has never been against the run.  Heyward is a great run stuffer, even better than Simmons but he is limited in pass rush.  He has always played with elite talent around him and Simmons never has.  I like Heyward as a player but I think Simmons has way more upside the next 5 years over any DT in game.  

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Big Jeff was #54 in the 2022 NFLN Top 100

I feel like this is a little low for Simmons.  Since he was mediocre his first year and just okay his second year, I can't imagine that the guys that played him those years would have him ranked very high.  

I wonder how they 'weight' the poll results.